What's new

Walt Disney Studios Park | Avengers Assemble: Flight Force | R'n'RC retheme | 2022

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Back on topic PLEASE.

HITTINGBATONINHAND.gif

EDIT at below: Deleting more than one post would push this post to the bottom of the previous page, where nobody could see it. I've removed some content from other posts as well.

Last edited:

peep

CF Legend
I've not been to DLP for a while. Is the new Star Tours in English or still in French? Will the new stuff be in English now Disney don't have to compromise?

It's in French, people moaned and now if you ask a cast member politely you might get it in English. So a bit like how they work Tower of Terror.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
It's in French, people moaned and now if you ask a cast member politely you might get it in English. So a bit like how they work Tower of Terror.
Cheers. This, for me, is the problem with DLP and I would guess why most Brits who go to Disney go to Florida rather than the one on their doorstep.

Offical_Pitchnoir

Roller Poster
DLP%2B1.jpg

The below is lifted from Disney an more's FB page here
Remember when last July the master plan of DLP WDS expansion was leaked and posted by someone named Andrew Ryan? Well, actually it was not the real master plan but a pretty faithful copy of it. But this week the original master plan - the real one, this time - was released by EPA, a government organization as it is requested by law in this kind of project which require to be unveiled and submit to people living nearby in a public consultation.
"I did an english translation for you of the most interesting parts of the text in the PDF file released by EPA and you also have in today's D&M update the others plans included in the PDF", so jump here: full write up can be found (includes more images also) here
DLP%2B4.jpg

Peet

Giga Poster
Nice! Hopefully there will be at least a couple of new coasters in the expansion. I also wonder if they'll revert the theme of Space Mountain back to its pre Star Wars days once Star Wars land opens.

peep

CF Legend
Nice! Hopefully there will be at least a couple of new coasters in the expansion. I also wonder if they'll revert the theme of Space Mountain back to its pre Star Wars days once Star Wars land opens.

It's looking like there won't be a new coaster as part of this part of the expansion. There were rumours that the Frozen area will get the cred seen in the updated artwork for Hong Kong but it looks like that if that is coming to Paris it might be something added after the initial expansion.

Hyperspace Mountain is due to change back to Space Mountain some time next year. There's talk of it happening shortly after the next Star Wars season (which ends in late March).

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Happy for SW to have its own dedicated area, means they'll won't be touching Space Mountain with its overlay anymore~
Also calling it now, Tower of Terror will be rebranded sooner or later. Especially since there will be a reboot of the series coming in 2019

peep

CF Legend
Also calling it now, Tower of Terror will be rebranded sooner or later. Especially since there will be a reboot of the series coming in 2019

The last I read about this was that Imagineering was working on a new version which was basically the same thing without the IP but it's gone suspiciously quiet. I think there are so many rumours flying about it's getting harder for insiders to keep track of everything. I agree with you though, it'll totally happen within the next few years.

spicy

Giga Poster
The fact it wasn't altered in the WDS expansion concept art is encouraging but I will be surprised if it doesn't become Mission Breakout at some point in the future seeing as it's actually going to be in the new Marvel Land. I really hope it doesn't though.

I'd be happy if it stayed without the IP. The Twilight Zone IP doesn't add that much so wouldn't be too much of a loss and save them paying royalties to CBS.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
The last I read about this was that Imagineering was working on a new version which was basically the same thing without the IP but it's gone suspiciously quiet. I think there are so many rumours flying about it's getting harder for insiders to keep track of everything. I agree with you though, it'll totally happen within the next few years.
I mean, I kind of want and don't want the Twilight IP to disappear? It's my favourite flat ride there is and everything is just so well done, but I'm sure Imagineers could update it to something more relevant/new/unrelated to Twilight Zone (even if that turns out to be GotG: MB!). :)

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
The fact it wasn't altered in the WDS expansion concept art is encouraging but I will be surprised if it doesn't become Mission Breakout at some point in the future seeing as it's actually going to be in the new Marvel Land. I really hope it doesn't though.

I'd be happy if it stayed without the IP. The Twilight Zone IP doesn't add that much so wouldn't be too much of a loss and save them paying royalties to CBS.

It’s not really anywhere near Marvel land, so that wouldn’t make sense to brand it as mission breakout (Marvel land is to the back left hand side, Tower of Terror is in the front and centre of the park).

In California Adventure, ToT is right in the centre of what is becoming Marvel land.

spicy

Giga Poster
^ I wouldn't really say it's no where near it though? ToT couldn't really get much closer to Marvel land..
DXC6CCKVQAAOJA1.jpg:large

Armageddon is rumored to become a Spiderman dark ride so If anything a haunted hotel randomly on it's own right next door to all the Marvel stuff is going to look out of place and Mission Breakout would fit perfectly. I do hope they leave it alone though.

peep

CF Legend
I don't think they'll turn the Paris tower into Mission breakout (despite it being much better). There's a rumour that Marvel don't want anything to be cloned to other parks which is why Paris is getting a Spiderman interactive ride and not Ant-Man and the Wasp like Hong Kong. I love this rumour and I hope it's true.

I think they'll use Tower with a Hollywood theme to create a small hub outside of Studio 1 with a Hollywood theme with all the different IPs branching off it.

The old TV studio building which currently houses Stitch Live and Playhouse Disney Live is rumoured to become a big meet and greet spot as part of the new Marvel area.

Also a new rumour is that either the Aladdin carpet ride or Cars Race rally will move to the lake area.

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm going to admit, I wouldn't be too sad to see Paris' version of ToT gone, it doesn't have the same immersion as its Florida cousin.

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Surprised people feel that way about ToT. I'm probably old hat. But to me it's easily the best thing about the Studios park which is in quite a poor condition now with all the fences around everywhere.

ToT really has that eerie feeling that I think is timeless. I sadly get the impression that all this MCU stuff will be quite short lived. I doubt there will be the same level of excitement about these movies in another 10 years. But we will see.

I prefer when Disney made more timeless rides and ideas. Also the light in Star Wars seems to be very much fading to me. Maybe CGI overkill doesn't help or actually makes things worse. No idea.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Surprised people feel that way about ToT. I'm probably old hat. But to me it's easily the best thing about the Studios park which is in quite a poor condition now with all the fences around everywhere.

ToT really has that eerie feeling that I think is timeless. I sadly get the impression that all this MCU stuff will be quite short lived. I doubt there will be the same level of excitement about these movies in another 10 years. But we will see.

I prefer when Disney made more timeless rides and ideas. Also the light in Star Wars seems to be very much fading to me. Maybe CGI overkill doesn't help or actually makes things worse. No idea.
I'm not trying to minimod, but why exactly did you bump a thread that has not had a post since October 2018?

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
I'm not trying to minimod, but why exactly did you bump a thread that has not had a post since October 2018?
I was told by a moderator to post in this thread regarding the studios expansion. Coaster Chall made a thread about the Frozen celebrations where he briefly mentioned the expansion which I commented on.
To be honest I never look at threads more than a few days old myself so understand your point.