What's new

Pleasure Beach season pass sale for 2019

Dan1989

Mega Poster
Is there any truth to the sale that is allegedly on until the end of October? I got told they are on sale for £99 or am I just being trolled?

rob666

Hyper Poster
Info not been officially released yet, but the tale is hundred quid for newbies, ninety for renewals.
Go on sale in about a week I think.

James F

Hyper Poster
I got one for myself first time this year last week. I rang up PB and asked and I bought one for £99.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Tempted by this as I've just moved up north but not sure I'd go enough to make it worthwhile. In Manchester so not super close. The discounts of like 10% for food and merch aren't exactly enticing compared to other parks' ones. (Never actually bought an AP for a UK park, only foreign parks, what does that say about value??) Having said that it's much better value than the £189.

Last edited:

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I bought a 2018 one this time last year for £100 but I've been so busy I've only used it once! Dunno whether to renew on the cheap and go crazy in 2019 or give it all up as a bad job (I do hope to go this week)

Dan1989

Mega Poster
I have lived in Blackpool most of my life and I have never had a season pass for the Pleasure Beach. I have had a few Merlin Passes in the past, I figure I can just go have quick ride on Icon everyday before work.

Dan1989

Mega Poster
Does the Pleasure Beach pass have any decent perks like the Merlin ones do? I remember getting a few friends in half price and discounts on various things.

James F

Hyper Poster
Tempted by this as I've just moved up north but not sure I'd go enough to make it worthwhile. In Manchester so not super close. The discounts of like 10% for food and merch aren't exactly enticing compared to other parks' ones. (Never actually bought an AP for a UK park, only foreign parks, what does that say about value??) Having said that it's much better value than the £189.
How to you get to blackpool? I also live in Manchester, I get the train, if you do to it's a good idea to get a rail card as with one it's only about £10 return from Picadilly Station.

I've not had one before, but I'd thought I would jump on it, seen as they now have icon. If I go 4 times then I've got my money 's worth. I don't have a car so blackpool is the easiest option for me.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
How to you get to blackpool? I also live in Manchester, I get the train, if you do to it's a good idea to get a rail card as with one it's only about £10 return from Picadilly Station.

I've not had one before, but I'd thought I would jump on it, seen as they now have icon. If I go 4 times then I've got my money 's worth. I don't have a car so blackpool is the easiest option for me.

A variety of ways, car mostly but could go by train. Depends who I go with. Already got a Railcard, that's not a bad price, just not sure whether it would be better spent doing other trips. Hmm.

Dan1989

Mega Poster
It's the Train from Manchester Airport to Blackpool North, obviously you can get on at Piccadilly, They used to run every hour. When you get to Blackpool just walk down that main road the train station is on (towards the sea) and then you can just get a tram from there to the park.

FarleyFlavors

Mega Poster
When you get to Blackpool just walk down that main road the train station is on (towards the sea) and then you can just get a tram from there to the park.
Soon you'll be able to get on the tram at Blackpool North station. They're building an extension which is due to open next year.

Dan1989

Mega Poster
^ Don't I know it, it's like the ton center has been bombed for the past year or two! I now have a pass for next year so thanks for the advice

FarleyFlavors

Mega Poster
Don't I know it, it's like the ton center has been bombed for the past year or two!
I went past the construction site in August and what was quite neat was that they'd uncovered the original tramway tracks which were buried about a foot under the current road level. Apparently the tramway used to go to Blackpool North station but the line was closed in the 1930s and they simply tarmacked over the tracks. Presumably scrap iron wasn't worth much back then!