What's new

Hersheypark | Chocolatetown | 2019/2020 Park Expansion

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
Uh yeah.. the rendering also made almost every hill ejector. It’s not that realistic, none of them are.
I feel like they should have gone with a more imposing color scheme. These brown/ orange color schemes we’ve been seeing just aren’t good looking, I’m my opinion.

Pear

Strata Poster
Did having the restraint loose really affect the ride that much? Because I seem to remember Mako being sublime even with a tighter restraint, although I did admittedly last ride it 2 years ago.

Mako with a tighter restraint is good but it doesn't compare to being shot out of your seat to the point where your entire body above your knees is airborne a good few inches above the seat.

Matt N

CF Legend
Mako with a tighter restraint is good but it doesn't compare to being shot out of your seat to the point where your entire body above your knees is airborne a good few inches above the seat.
Ah right, thanks for the clarification @Pear! Hopefully this new Hershey hyper will have sublime airtime like Mako!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
That said this seems like a wonderful announcement. While i wish we had all the information i think it's a pretty brilliant move to trickle out the information every few months. Keeps us invested in what's going on and talking about the park for the next year and change.
I'm going to opposite way on this - announcing a roller coaster, especially one that (frankly) isn't very novel - two years in advance is A LOT of time. I'm much more a fan of some light teasers, and then dropping the announcement all at once; it provides far more shock and awe factor. The fun is the surprise of the announcement.

Peet

Giga Poster
The ride has the same airtime irregardless of restraint :) #pedant
Since we are being pedantic, you mean regardless :).

And IMO floater airtime is fantastic with a spare couple of inches in your restraint so that you can actually float; much less enjoyable if you're stapled in.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I'm going to opposite way on this - announcing a roller coaster, especially one that (frankly) isn't very novel - two years in advance is A LOT of time. I'm much more a fan of some light teasers, and then dropping the announcement all at once; it provides far more shock and awe factor. The fun is the surprise of the announcement.

I think that's fine either way but this will get all people not just enthusiasts talking about it during the entirety of construction. This wasn't a roller coaster announcements as much of an announcement of an expansion that just happens to include a roller coaster. Being able to continually market and promote everything (not just the coaster) feels to me like the smarter move but there really isn't a wrong answer between the two options.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
@CoasterMac305 BUT YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO PUT TRIMS ON IT TOO!!!

giphy.gif

Hutch

Strata Poster
How the hell did I miss this yesterday?

Really like what I see. B&M hypers are definitely one of my favorite models and Hersheypark is one of my favorite parks, so I'm happy. I quite like the layout, especially the lack of a traditional MCBR. Looks like it'll have some good airtime and I like the mix of big/small hills. The end reminds me of Mako where it focuses more on interactions and photo opportunities.

That helix looks pretty sweet too. You know that actually reminds me of Fury's treble clef. Looks like it could pull some tight g's before immediately dumping you out of the seat. It was the best part of Fury and could be a highlight here.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The ending with the block into the turn is Tatsu ending, which is, for endings, pretty solid. I'm excited.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
The ending with the block into the turn is Tatsu ending, which is, for endings, pretty solid. I'm excited.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It's also The Swarm's ending, which I really like on that ride! That turn always feels surprisingly fast and swoopy to me!

Out of interest, does that brake configuration enable Hershey to effectively run 3 trains?

Matt N

CF Legend
Yep. It has a blue train (Kisses), an orange train (Reese's) and a red train (Twizzlers), so total of 3 trains. :)

Also Swarm's ending is awesome!
Ah right. Thanks @ATI! Quite cool that they're theming the ride to chocolate, in my opinion!