What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Good find @Matt N. Don't most people say the park is a bit of a dump? This could work out to be pretty effective for cred-runs.

Must be a pay on exit type thing then, presumably? Like an NCP car park. :p

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Good find @Matt N. Don't most people say the park is a bit of a dump? This could work out to be pretty effective for cred-runs.

Must be a pay on exit type thing then, presumably? Like an NCP car park. :p

The place is a dump, but a dump with 7 (soon to be 8) creds - most of which run poorly, and 2 with VR. So good luck getting a cheap cred run out of it ;)

It's a clever idea though. On the day tickets cost €35, but if you buy online, it's from €19.95. You can make people think they'll save money by paying by the hour, but all they have to do is spend more than 2 hours on park, and they're spending more than the current online price for a whole day. Realistically, most people will spend more than 2 hours on park, so boom. It appeals to people who are passing / don't want to spend a full day there, as they think they'll get a better deal, when in fact they won't.

But still, not even the thought of paying a mere €7.20 and getting a new cred next year entices me to want to revisit the park...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
According to CoasterClub Denmark, Tivoli Friheden will remove Orkanens Øje, a Pinfari Zyklon they've had since 1986, at the end of the season:

As the Pinfari Zyklon models are approximately as pleasant as their gaseous namesake, I doubt many tears will be shed over it. The park director even stated that "its replacement will be on the wilder side", which sounds like all the more reason to be excited to me.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Conny-Land in Switzerland opened a 56m S&S shot tower this year called "Space Shot Tower":-

http://www.connyland.ch/en/amusement-rides/all-amusement-rides/213-space-shot-tower-eng

Also according to RCDB, Cobra at the same park (that wacky Pax thing with the scorpion tail element) will be receiving a new train from Sunkid Heege in 2020, likely meaning it will have lap bars:-

https://rcdb.com/4331.htm

Finally, I am aware this has been mentioned, but the park is getting an RES Roller Ball in 2020, taking their coaster count to 3. As the only real theme park in Switzerland, I look forward to seeing what the future holds for this park.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
This hasn't been officially confirmed anywhere, but rumours are now spreading from those who attended an RCCGB event at Drayton Manor over the weekend that the attendees of the event were told by Colin Bryan that G Force, the park's Maurer X-Car, is closed permanently because the park cannot get replacement parts in for it. For those who don't know, the ride has barely opened at all this season and has been notorious among the UK enthusiast community for being very uncomfortable.

I personally hope this rumour isn't true, as I was spited by G Force in August and the only other ride with that lift hill is located in Iraq, but the ride wasn't said to be very good by those who rode it, so that does give me some reassurance. Besides, there's a chance that this rumour is untrue.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Good riddance! Hopefully they can get something decent to replace it, but there's not much space.

Abismo in Madrid is a similar lifthill is it not?

Matt N

CF Legend
Abismo in Madrid is a similar lifthill is it not?
I think all the SkyLoops have very similar lift hills to G Force, but I think G Force and whatever its clone in Iraq is called are the only ones with a completely vertical loop-shaped lift hill, correct me if I'm wrong.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I saw that posted on FB yesterday and thought it was just some stupid fake ITK bollocks but there seems to be a bit more traction behind it today.

Hugely interested to see what they replace it with if they choose to do so; could be a sign of how successful Wickerman and Icon have been based on the ride type they ultimately go for.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Continuing on from the discussion of Morey's removing their Flitzer, it is now being taken down. Looks like their removing it carefully as if to sell rather than outright demolition so don't know if they're planning on selling it/have sold it.
Aww. I rode that this summer and I thought it was a fun ride. I expect they'll fill the space with another ride but I am not sure it will be another cred.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Movie Park Germany's popular Halloween event is adding a new IP based attraction which will use the SBNO Ice Age dark ride. Guests will walk through the trough of the former water ride. The rockwork and forest theming in the scenes is being kept/reworked for the new theme of the maze.

Movie Park Press Release:

I had hoped they'd refurbish the ride system and reopen it with a new theme as a 'new' dark ride, feels like a bit of a waste. Nevertheless though it seems interesting and should certainly be a very unique Halloween maze.

EDIT:
The park have also released a trailer for their Halloween Horror Fest which features an odd clown murdering park employees...

Following on from this, Movie Park Germany have confirmed the Ice Age Dark Ride hall will just be used for Halloween for the next 3 years. It will eventually be re-purposed afterwards, the park do have ideas for it. They are aware that the park is now missing a family dark ride in their line up.
In the meantime they have a few projects planned and budgeted for elsewhere in the park.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Are they doing any work on the braking/control system? I think I still have whiplash from the last set of brakes. Still, great to see Liseberg looking after their older attractions!
Back row when it hits the brake run - defo whacked my head on those solid old headrests. And the brutal Schwarzkopf slam into the station brakes too.
They just need some more padding tbh and then it'd be fine.

Peet

Giga Poster
Lisebergbanan has to be the most efficiently operated coaster I've ever seen; they don't even check the lap bars by hand. Let's hope they don't lose any of that efficiency with the new trains. Fun ride, good to see they are investing in it.

TilenB

Strata Poster
According to CoasterClub Denmark, Tivoli Friheden will remove Orkanens Øje, a Pinfari Zyklon they've had since 1986, at the end of the season:

As the Pinfari Zyklon models are approximately as pleasant as their gaseous namesake, I doubt many tears will be shed over it. The park director even stated that "its replacement will be on the wilder side", which sounds like all the more reason to be excited to me.
While far from a great ride, I don't think this particular ZL was bad at all. Easily the best coaster in the park for me, so I'd prefer if they threw out the dull Zamperla Spinner instead. Nevertheless, I'm excited to see what they're replacing it with, though I can't think of many 'wilder' coaster models that could be built on that same footprint. My guess is another flat ride (hopefully from Technical Park, considering they already have Pegasus from their catalogue).

EDIT: A 65m tall drop tower. Sweet, it should offer some great views of Aarhus.

EDIT2: @TheCoasterCruiser, please tell me they're not removing Pegasus, as the new ride seems to stand right around there...

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I don't know whether this has been covered anywhere else on the forum, but according to RCDB, Maceraperest at Isfanbul in Turkey (an Intamin family coaster at the park home to Nefeskesen) was removed and put into storage in late 2017, in case no one knew: https://rcdb.com/10830.htm
I certainly never knew this! Does anyone know why it was removed so early on in its life?