What's new

Mirabilandia | Desmo Race | Maurer Spike Dragster

TilenB

Strata Poster
I liked the one in Skyline Park for what it was, but I still think it's an awful fit for a park like Mirabilandia. The capacity is going to be dire and it just doesn't sell the motorbike aspect at all. Those trains look more like a lawn mower than a motorbike. They really should've gone with Intamin or Vekoma...

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I liked the one in Skyline Park for what it was, but I still think it's an awful fit for a park like Mirabilandia. The capacity is going to be dire and it just doesn't sell the motorbike aspect at all. Those trains look more like a lawn mower than a motorbike. They really should've gone with Intamin or Vekoma...
I’ve not heard anything about the skyline park one since the outrageous photos of it being constructed. I remember the testing video showing really jerky acceleration and heavy braking before each element, is it any good?

Tulum

Mega Poster
Having been to the park last summer on a day with only mild attendance and having waited an hour for the Intamin, I am afraid the capacity is going to cause long lines.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Loads more official renderings here https://www.parksmania.it/2018/07/06/mirabilandia-i-rendering-di-ducati-world-e-superbike-race/

But heres a few examples
parksmania-mirabilandia-ducati-world-02.jpg

parksmania-mirabilandia-ducati-world-12.jpg

parksmania-mirabilandia-ducati-world-03.jpg

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Bloody hell, how do you go from building one of the worlds best B&M inverts and a highly acclaimed Intamin launcher to the awful Master Thai and then this?

I went on a quiet day but the queues for the lower capacity rides like the Shot Tower and the tiny Disk-O were quite long. I dread to see how this bike coaster will fare over the summer holidays next year.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Was hoping this whole investment was a prank or a meme or something, but nope. They're actually doing it...

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
In this interview with Maurer at EAS you can see the lights and audio effects that each car will have to recreate the experience of riding a motorbike. Ducati have actually supplied some of the decorative features to add some authenticity as well (such as the head lights and windshield)
They talk about how riders can control their speed, and that the engine each car has is more powerful than that of an actual Ducati.

It will have 12 cars, 6 on each track. It has been designed so they have the possibility to be able to dispatch a car very 14 seconds resulting in a throughput of 1000pph.