What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Tigris | Premier SkyRocket II

tomahawk

Strata Poster
As far as I'm concerned any coaster with 2 launches is a double launch coaster and any coaster with 3 launches is a triple launch coaster.

This and Cheetah Hunt are triple launch coasters, they both are launched three times. Triple means three :confused:
But they are not even remotely the same ride types. One is a terrain coaster that interacts with its surroundings. The other is a super compact coaster with airtime, hangtime, multiple inversions, and more hangtime.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MakoMania

Mega Poster
But they are not even remotely the same ride types. One is a terrain coaster that interacts with its surroundings. The other is a super compact coaster with airtime, hangtime, multiple inversions, and more hangtime.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
How is that anything to do with my post?

They can both be triple launch coasters whilst being different rides, just like two lift hill coasters can be different rides.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
How is that anything to do with my post?

They can both be triple launch coasters whilst being different rides, just like two lift hill coasters can be different rides.

Again, it's what the "triple" aspect is signifying. With regard to these "triple launch coasters", it's a three phase launch.

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
Again, it's what the "triple" aspect is signifying. With regard to these "triple launch coasters", it's a three phase launch.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok.

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
personally I think that BGT needs a coaster that focus on the airtime, every ride in the park except for cobra's curse or Sand Serpent goes upside down
Say a B&M Hyper or A Rmc
And to some extent a Chance Hyper Gtx

Lofty

CF Legend
This.

Same as how different coasters can both have lift hills, or inversions.......this conversation is the weirdest thing.
That, that is not what they're saying. They're referring to the phrase 'triple launch coaster', and the difference between it being a technical description and a defining description within the ride type, in essence. Lift hills and inversions are not mutually exclusive.

For example, Taron is an Intamin LSM Coaster, but it could be described as a double-launch coaster if you really wanted to. A 'double-launch coaster' is not TECHNICALLY what the ride is.

I do see what they're getting at, but it's literally just people's opinions and there's no absolute fact to say that saying X is correct and saying X is incorrect - it's literally down to personal preference.

Ben

CF Legend
Let me break this down.

A coaster with two launches is a double launch coaster.

A coaster with three launches is a triple launch coaster.

A Skyrocket II has three launches and is therefore a triple launch coaster.

No one cares if that’s achieved with one launch track or three. Triple launch means having three launches. If you’ve got three launches you’re a triple launch coaster.

Skyrockets are still ****, no matter how you want to label them.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
That, that is not what they're saying. They're referring to the phrase 'triple launch coaster', and the difference between it being a technical description and a defining description within the ride type, in essence. Lift hills and inversions are not mutually exclusive.

For example, Taron is an Intamin LSM Coaster, but it could be described as a double-launch coaster if you really wanted to. A 'double-launch coaster' is not TECHNICALLY what the ride is.

I do see what they're getting at, but it's literally just people's opinions and there's no absolute fact to say that saying X is correct and saying X is incorrect - it's literally down to personal preference.

Yes, I understood what they were arguing over. I was giving my opinion.

My comment about inversions and lift hills was purely just saying that the coasters don't have to be similar to have similar elements. Like two coasters could be "triple inversion coasters" and be different layouts hence why I would class these two as both triple launch coasters. Not sure why they need to be "mutually exclusive" as it was just an example of using descriptive words.

Either way a sky rocket is a sky rocket and that's what we'll be getting I think.

Matt N

CF Legend
It says the announcement if 3:15, but won't that be EST instead of BST?
If you're in Britain, that kind of thing usually converts to British time. For example, Carowinds' started at 4pm according to my iPad, but in the USA, it started at 11am.

Lofty

CF Legend
Facebook automatically corrects the time to the local place for live videos and such like that. They use UST.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Two new coasters, one being a revamp, have just been announced for Busch Gardens Tampa for 2019 and 2020.
First up, we have Tigris. A Sky Rocket II for 2019.
Dm5nbPKX0AAxLye.jpg
The ride will be ready for Spring 2019 and will be where the Tidal Wave once stood.
Second, they also "announced" a revamp of Gwazi into a new thrill ride. They did say they did not have all the details yet, but they did say that the new ride would be awesome. This is most likely an RMC conversion of Gwazi, and will open in 2020. Look for it to open in Spring 2020 too.
In summary, a new Sky Rocket is coming in 2019, and Gwazi is going RMC in 2020. Looks cool. Cranedude out!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Merged with existing topic. We can create a separate thread for the 2020 RMC (?) when we have some more information on that. For now, the discussion can live in here.

We will move this topic to Ride Construction when the construction has progressed a little further.