What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Sorry, my bad. I interpreted the picture wrong. Still I don't see how that support should become part of an Immelmann. I tried to draw the backbone and the rails here what i think is way more likely:
View attachment 3666
The reason others and myself think it looks like an Immelmann is because well the support set is pretty much the same/similar.
Immelmann.jpg

However your theory is possible I guess. But I have my doubts because from the street view it doesn't look like it would match up very well. The angled support seems to be higher than the track's angle of descent.
Also then where would the launch lead to instead? Especially to connect up with that curve down through the towers at Wuze? It can't be directly behind as the roof of the tunnel there doesn't have any unused supports or footers.
x927zfT.jpg

Ah well it will interesting to see how it all comes together in the end.

I haven't seen this picture before. Do you have an unedited/not drawn on version?

[ Bear ]

Roller Poster
The reason others and myself think it looks like an Immelmann is because well the support set is pretty much the same/similar.
However your theory is possible I guess. But I have my doubts because from the street view it doesn't look like it would match up very well. The angled support seems to be higher than the track's angle of descent.
Also then where would the launch lead to instead? Especially to connect up with that curve down through the towers at Wuze? It can't be directly behind as the roof of the tunnel there doesn't have any unused supports or footers.
I'm not sure what that support is meant for, but it's definitly not for the immelman. Every immelman I've seen has a same sort of support in the top of the inversion.
But that would mean the support is the highest point? It will be a really small immelman then. I don't see that happening. The support points in the wrong direction aswell.
There are a lot of unused footers underneath and around the curved launch. They were working on them when I made those pictures. So I'm sure you will find out what it's meant for soon enough ;)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
This is going to sound so spoilt, but I really just want this thing to bloody be built. Or even have some more marketing.

Like, this is Phantasialand, we all know it's going to be awesome. Can we just get some more awesome stuff about it rather than having to see tidbits of progress every few days which just make you wish it was 2019 (or 2020 or 2021 or whenever this thing is going to open) already.

roff

Roller Poster
The first curved pieces of the launch were installed, as you can see in this video: F.L.Y Phantasialand
Here's a screenshot showing the launch:
launch.png

I think from the shape of the curve it seems obvious that this won't be an Immelmann.

This launch segment could be added at the end of the current curve: Link to mrrcs picutre
So it would go straight for a bit and then curve down again. Maybe into a half-loop downwards?

Ethan

Strata Poster
I really want it to go into the first half of a pretzel loop, but I'm not sure if that'll happen. I really hope it does though.

UP87

Mega Poster
How? You‘re in flying, not in lying position. For a pretzel loop it‘ d first have to do a half loop. But I doubt we‘ll see a pretzel loop. The coaster seems to stay in flying. There is nothing in lying and it makes sense since the name F.L.Y. implies it should feel like flying.

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
The first curved pieces of the launch were installed, as you can see in this video: F.L.Y Phantasialand
Here's a screenshot showing the launch:
View attachment 3669

I think from the shape of the curve it seems obvious that this won't be an Immelmann.

No immelman it can't be.
I like the fact that Mr.vekoma aka mrrc spotted the track and that it is now already installed. That is quick!
But from what I heard, it will open not open before summer next year :(
Phl is not rushing this, they have no deadline, and we have to be very patient. Too patient i.mo.

Schlussbremse

Roller Poster
Well, that's a Bo...erm..beautiful plot twist!

Maybe it's just me phantasizing, but if it follows the path @roff suggests, I could imagine an awesome airtime moment at the top. Possibly followed by some kind of wing-over-drop maybe? I still don't believe in a Pretzel.

@UP87 you can enter the Pretzel from the top like Manta. I think he meant doing this entry but don't continue into the following upwards half loop, thus decreasing the Gs.

Ethan

Strata Poster
How? You‘re in flying, not in lying position. For a pretzel loop it‘ d first have to do a half loop. But I doubt we‘ll see a pretzel loop. The coaster seems to stay in flying. There is nothing in lying and it makes sense since the name F.L.Y. implies it should feel like flying.

Yeah, I have no idea what you're on about. I'm saying I'd like that hill to crest and then dive into a half loop, like the first half of a pretzel loop. I think the post above gets what I'm saying.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Could this be possible or is the perspective playing a trick on me?

Playing a trick on you I'm afraid. I like the idea, and would love to see it, but I think it's too small (as said in the previous post). I'm not sure how tall this will be, but I'm hoping it can have some decent height directly after the launch with the help of those sound proof walls near Wuze Town.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I wouldn't rule out a Pretzel yet, however as I've explained before, Vekoma is being careful with the positive Gs, so I could see them only doing the first half, and then from the lowest point you just go up and do a lie-to-fly. To prevent the Pretzel from killing you, it would also pretty much require to be the highest point of the ride by default.