What's new

Rank the GCIs

Snoo

The Legend
I LOVE American Thunder and since you didn’t have Renegade on your list, I was basically recommending it based on your love of AT. Little did I suspect you’ve bought a one-way ticket to Nutty Town and you somehow consider these two vastly different rides.

Have you ridden Renegade at night?? It combines a dollop of Voyage’s night-time insanity with a big helping of AT’s bob-and-weave airtime. Pure sublimeness.

I actually have yet to visit the park. The lack of substance as I originally noted in the park as a whole is what has held me back. I had the same issue with Canadas Wonderland as it's quite the trip for a heaping of meh, which CW ended up being.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I actually have yet to visit the park. The lack of substance as I originally noted in the park as a whole is what has held me back. I had the same issue with Canadas Wonderland as it's quite the trip for a heaping of meh, which CW ended up being.
Canada’s Wonderland would be worth the trek if they had only one coaster — Behemoth — and Valleyfair is exactly the same with Renegade. Get over there and prepare to have your “mine blown” (and yet also somehow keep your expectations low so that you’re more ready to be blown away).

DelPiero

Strata Poster
@Snoo Stop talking crap and get your ass to Valleyfair this Halloween, Wild thing and Hi Roller are both decent, there's an Arrow mouse(which gets a bad queue) and easily a top 20 ride in anyone's book in Renegade.
I look forward to you humbly crawling back in here apologising profusely.

Snoo

The Legend
@Snoo Stop talking crap and get your ass to Valleyfair this Halloween, Wild thing and Hi Roller are both decent, there's an Arrow mouse(which gets a bad queue) and easily a top 20 ride in anyone's book in Renegade.
I look forward to you humbly crawling back in here apologising profusely.

Tom, listen. If you want cuddles so bad, all you had to do was ask for it.

shaunthatkid

Mega Poster
My list
Troy: a brill ejector packed coaster with great pacing
Joris (Left) : A great coaster with airtime a bit better than right in my opinion
Joris: (right): ^^
Wicker man: great theming but the ride its self is meh if the statue was not there it would not be better than 13

Peet

Giga Poster
1) Wodan - unbelievably good in the dark.
2) Apocalypse
3) Wicker Man
- better than some people give it credit for, great theme.
4) Joris en de Draak (Vuur)
5) Joris en de Draak (Water)
- these are outstanding family rides, 1.1m height limit and they make a big deal of the winner/loser which is fun. However they don't really offer much for the thrillseeker.

Coaster Cinema

Mega Poster
1. Lightning Racer (It races, it duels, whats not to love? Also the first big coaster I rode.)
2. Thunderhead (I love the twister layout and the fly by)
3. American Thunder (Tons of airtime)
4. Apocalypse (Underrated, give decent airtime)
5. White Lightning (Who doesn't love an out and back?)
6. InvadR (Nice family woodie)
7. Roar (It's not a bad ride at all)
8. Gwazi (It's getting RMC'd)
9. Wildcat (Ouch)

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Update:

1. Python in Bamboo Forest - Absolute beast. Goes on forever and never lets up. We bonded.

Until the above, I found all GCIs to be a very similar experience and quite difficult to separate. They were always very good, but never killer. So the rest are rather close together.

2 & 3. Joris en de Draaks - Effects, music, racing and pacing elevate these above the others.
4. Jungle Dragon - Big, fun and terrainy, but not quite their A-game.
5. Wodan - Again a bit of theming and music help it stand out. Also gave me that joyous laughing effect throughout.
6. Heidi - Short but fun.
7. El Toro - Short but not quite as fun.
8. Desert Rally - Fun but not quite as short.
9. Gold Striker - Another case of not doing enough with it's size, but to be honest they've all become very forgettable between Wodan and Troy.
10. Troy - Reputation had grown by this one and it was the only one with any expectations. Doesn't do enough with it's size, not as well paced. Still great.
11. Wicker Man - Meh.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Oh good, more GCIs. My opinion on them has faded so badly now.

1. Python in Bamboo Forest - Absolute beast. Goes on forever and never lets up. We bonded.

Until the above, I found all GCIs to be a very similar experience and quite difficult to separate. They were always very kinda good, but never killer. So the rest are rather close together.

2 & 3. Joris en de Draaks - Effects, music, racing and pacing elevate these above the others.
4. Jungle Dragon - Big, fun and terrainy, but not quite their A-game.

5. Wodan - Again a bit of theming and music help it stand out. Also gave me that joyous laughing effect throughout.
6. Heidi - Short but fun.
7 & 8. The Lightning Racers - I know I said one side was better than the other, but I've already forgotten which, so that sums that up.
9. El Toro - Short but not quite as fun.
10. InvadR - Short but not quite as fun again.
11. Desert Rally - Fun but not quite as short.
12. Thunderhead - See below.
13. Gold Striker - Another case of not doing enough with it's size, but to be honest they've all become very forgettable between Wodan and Troy.
14. Troy - Reputation had grown by this one and it was the only one with any expectations. Doesn't do enough with it's size, not as well paced. Still great a laugh.
15. Roar - Some wood
16. Wildcat - Some corners

17. Wicker Man - Meh

rctneil

Roller Poster
For me:

Renegade - Valleyfair! - I just found that this rode amazingly well. Excellent speed throughout.
Wood Coaster - Knight Valley - Super long and just very unique. Loved it
Thunderhead - Dollywood - Not much to say apart from it's sooo fun.
Wodan - Europa Park - I love how big and imposing this ride is. It's rather speedy too and the race over and under the other rides is great.
Troy - Toverland - Wasn;t as good as I expected but still very solid.
White Lightning - Fun Spot America Orlando - For a small ride at a small park it's superb!
Prowler - Worlds of Fun - Excellent, especially at night and I enjoyed the layout a lot.
Apocalypse: The Ride - Six Flags Magic Mountain - Only rode in it's opening year and it was running great. I loved the onboard soundtrack it had.
Evel Knievel - Six Flags St. Louis - This was ok but nothing memorable.
Thunderbird - Power Park - As above.
Roar - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - It was ok, my first ever GCI.
Joris en de Draak Fire - Efteling - I just wasn't blown away by these too. Not sure why, just wasn't.
Joris en de Draak Water - Efteling - As above.
Wicker Man - Alton Towers - This position is not to say it's a bad ride in any way. I do find it an incredibly fun coaster to ride but on the other hand it's way too short in my opinion and has that weird flat corner that I just find odd.

Last edited:

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Oh yes. Some hope restored.

2. Wood Coaster - Another beast that goes on forever and never lets up.

3 & 4. Joris en de Draaks - Effects, music, racing and pacing elevate these above the others.
5. Jungle Dragon - Big, fun and terrainy, but not quite their A-game.

6. Wodan - Again a bit of theming and music help it stand out. Also gave me that joyous laughing effect throughout.
7. Heidi - Short but fun.
8 & 9. The Lightning Racers - I know I said one side was better than the other, but I've already forgotten which, so that sums that up.
10. El Toro - Short but not quite as fun.
11. InvadR - Short but not quite as fun again.
12. Desert Rally - Fun but not quite as short.
13. Thunderhead - See below.
14. Gold Striker - Another case of not doing enough with it's size, but to be honest they've all become very forgettable between Wodan and Troy.
15. Troy - Reputation had grown by this one and it was the only one with any expectations. Doesn't do enough with it's size, not as well paced. Still a laugh.

16. Roar - Some wood
17. Wildcat - Some corners
18. Wicker Man - Meh

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I've ridden a decent number of GCIs now so here's my rankings:

1. Thunderhead - currently my favourite woodie, it's got that wild, out of control feeling without being rough, the twisty layout is great and the station flythrough is fab.
2. Joris (Fire) - it may be family-orientated but there's still plenty of airtime, wild moments and the racing aspect is great.
3. Troy - only had one ride and it seemed a bit rough but had similarities to Thunderhead with the station flyover and twister elements.
4. Kentucky Rumbler - definitely rough around the edges and bouncy as hell on certain seats, but a back row ride was fun. Just a shame it was built in an absolute ****hole of a park!
5. Joris (Water) - similar to Fire but not as much fun.
6. Wicker Man - it's great to have any kind of modern woodie in the UK but it's basically a kiddie version of Thunderhead.
7. Heidi The Ride - another fun family coaster, decent enough layout but not a lot of airtime.
8. White Lightning - a slightly rougher version of Heidi in a park that I found deeply unpleasant.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Hope gone again. I think they've peaked. Renegade stories intrigue me though.

2. Wood Coaster - Another beast that goes on forever and never lets up.

3 & 4. Joris en de Draaks - Effects, music, racing and pacing elevate these above the others.
5. Jungle Dragon - Big, fun and terrainy, but not quite their A-game.

6. Wodan - Again a bit of theming and music help it stand out. Also gave me that joyous laughing effect throughout.
7. Heidi - Short but fun.
8 & 9. The Lightning Racers - I know I said one side was better than the other, but I've already forgotten which, so that sums that up.
10. Thunderbird - Middle of the pack, seems about right.
11. El Toro - Short but not quite as fun.
12. InvadR - Short but not quite as fun again.
13. Desert Rally - Fun but not quite as short.
14. Thunderhead - See below.
15. Gold Striker - Another case of not doing enough with it's size, but to be honest they've all become very forgettable between Wodan and Troy.
16. Troy - Reputation had grown by this one and it was the only one with any expectations. Doesn't do enough with it's size, not as well paced. Still a laugh.

17. Roar - Some wood
18. Wildcat - Some corners
19. Wicker Man - Meh

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
1. Mystic Timbers - A phenomenal ride with great airtime! One of my favorite coasters ever.
2. Lightning Racer (The one on the left side of the station) - What a fun ride! It's nothing too intense but the dueling aspect is really interesting. Quite smooth too!
3. Lightning Racer (The one on the right side of the station) - I really don't know why I think the left side is better, but all I know is that I do.
4. Wildcat - I thought this ride was slightly better than I expected, but it still wasn't the best. It's decent for most of the ride, but at it went on, it just kept getting rougher and rougher.

Hutch

Strata Poster
1. Mystic Timbers - Really the only GCI I've done that's truly excellent. It's the smoothest, has the best airtime and laterals, best pacing, and best setting.
2. Thunderhead - Has some impressive pacing and length but just suffers being a tad rough. Still pretty intense and has some good airtime.
3. White Lightning - Just missed my expectations. It had some good moments but it's a bit short and not as wild as it could be.
4. Lightning Racer - The racing is obviously the best thing about this ride, but it does have a couple pops of airtime. Doesn't offer much else though.
5. Wildcat - Piece of ****. Surprised it hasn't been RMC'd yet.

Last edited:

Alessio

Roller Poster
1. Wodan Timbur Coaster - Europa Park: Not the longest or most aggressive GCI but it is quit smooth and has some decent airtime moments as well as a nice tunnel and solid interactions with Atlantica Supersplash, I also really like the drop
2. Lightning Racer - Hershey Park: I really like the Dueling Aspect of the ride, it is smooth and long, Airtime is decent.
3. Troy - Toverland: The Ride is definitely not bad and the layout is long, but I am not the biggest fan of the Coaster and GCI in general. The Airtime moments are to weak and short in my opinion and Troy had a noticeable rattle and wasn’t smooth and enjoyable during my visit. I will definitely give the ride another chance next time.
4. Joris en de Draak - Efteling: I really enjoy the Dueling feature but I have the same problem as with the others, the Airtime is to weak. Nevertheless, the length is solid. I prefer water over fire because of an extra Airtime Hill
5. Wicker Man - Alton Towers: Definitely more family oriented than most other GCIs. But I really like the Theming, especially the statue and the pre show and the whole experience is awesome, nevertheless the ride itself didn’t provide any airtime in my opinion so it is lower on the list.
6. White Lightning - Fun Spot America: I was really surprised, better than expected. Good Pacing and length as well as the best Airtime I have experienced on a GCI yet.

s253065

Roller Poster
I really hope Texas Stingray can shoot to the top. I hope my home state can become a heaven for enthusiast. Especially with the rapid growth of seaworld properties