What's new

Six Flags America | Firebird | B&M Floorless Conversion (of Apocalypse)

Matt N

CF Legend
They look nice! I really like the whole visual brand they've got going with this!

Also, will this eventually go in Roller Coaster Construction, like Rougarou and Patriot's threads did?

Snoo

The Legend
Unique logo and name.. used on a ****ty standup which has been repainted 4 times.

Six Flags being Six Flags. Woo.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I'm actually saddened by this. Rode Apocalypse this year and thought it was a really good ride. Haven't been a huge fan of the floorless conversations but I know I'm almost assuredly in the minority here

Hutch

Strata Poster
I like the name, it's simple and works much better than any other name Six Flags has come up with. I haven't done this stand up but if it rode anything like Vortex at Carowinds then good riddance.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The cynic in me thinks they went with that name so they can keep the fire effect. Makes sense.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Moved to construction.

Little care for this, I don't see myself going back to SFA in any sort of realistic time scale, and I already have the cred, so... meh?

vaugc002

Mega Poster
It's a cop out of an announcement but saying that, if a UK park re-themed a coaster and converted the trains I'd be hyped.
Colossus floorless or something (as unrealistic as that is) would get me excited.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Can B&M even put Floorless trains on an Intamin stand-up? It seems like they would have done this to Cobra at La Ronde if it was possible.

Matt N

CF Legend
Can B&M even put Floorless trains on an Intamin stand-up? It seems like they would have done this to Cobra at La Ronde if it was possible.
I don't actually know, but B&M did put new rolling stock on Steel Dragon 2000 at Nagashima, so I don't see why they'd be averse to putting floorless trains on a standup coaster with a similar track design to their ones, personally.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Unique logo and name.. used on a :emoji_poop:ty standup which has been repainted 4 times.

Six Flags being Six Flags. Woo.

I echo Snoo's statement. Poor ride, but hopefully the conversion will breathe new life into it. I like Rougarou's conversion - it's a better ride for it, but Patriot is a pile of trash. Hopefully this works out for the better.

YUNG_CHOPPA

Mega Poster
I'd rather it be demolished & replaced with a decent size flat ride than it be converted into a floorless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I like it, it gives this ride more life I hope.

It's a shame that this ride doesn't get more love considering it's significance.