What's new

Liseberg | Valkyria | B&M Dive Coaster

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Great post, @Tulum! Seeing as the ribbon is cut and opening weekend is well underway, I think we can consider this coaster open now. And so, the thread is un-stickified before somebody comes along and asks us to.

Tulum

Mega Poster
Here the last Information. Minor spoiler can be found.

Entering the station one mistake in the planning becomes
obvious. Pebbels from the queue are carried up the stairs and onto the track platform. They must have fallen into the track, too. I am sure they will fix this.

image:104935.jpg

Up the stairs the lines stop at the same point with the single rider line and the express pass. The single entry is controlled by staff, so no groups can enter them.

The station is dominated by two chandelliers

image:104934.jpg

There is also a projection of a valkyrie's shadow. The soundtrack is good, but there are no other sound effects. Valkyrie's screams would be awesome.

Anyway... Staff sorts the different queues into the rows. They were quick and fair. Stuff has to be put into plastic boxes staff carries. There also seem to be drawers at the exit but they were not used on Friday.

The ride:
- the view is spectacular
- the drop is the highlight
- the rest is decent, the line in twist over the river is awesome

image:104942.jpg image:104936.jpg image:104941.jpg

Backpacks have to be put into lockers. They charge you around one Euro. image:104937.jpg

The lockers are under the station in the Butik. image:104939.jpg

My opinion: the coaster is a good addition and the theming of the station is stunning. There is a lack of theming in the queue and they could have used more storytelling. This is why I prefer the Baron I think.

I say goodbye with a last picture and the tipp that you receive an express pass with an online purchase. image:104943.jpg

Attachments

• image:104938.jpg
    image:104938.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 30

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Looks like a solid addition! Kinda surprise they require you to pay for lockers while Balder and Helix have perfectly fine storage bins...

Snoo

The Legend
I've loved the look of this coaster since it was first announced and the POV confirmed that. And with that, the more and more I see smaller DM's, the more I like them in comparison to the big ones. Of course.. I have yet to be on a smaller one sooooooooo.. poop.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
I say goodbye with a last picture and the tipp that you receive an express pass with an online purchase.

Not just one, but two! However they're time restricted and you have to book a time slot in advance (which also means if they park isn't busy enough and Express Pass isn't open, you'll lose your pass). That and you have to book online to get the pass, and booking is only available in Swedish at the time.

Thanks for the photos and overview, very much looking forward riding in October!

Matt N

CF Legend
Agreed, if you'd have asked 10 years ago which UK park would be purchasing a Mack multi-launch coaster, Blackpool would not have been it. It makes me really optimistic on the future of the park.
I'm optimistic for BPB's future, too! Something tells me that we won't be waiting 24 years for their next coaster!

Wasn't BPB making huge financial losses and verging on bankruptcy 10 years ago, or did I imagine that? If they were, then Amanda Thompson seems to have done a sterling job of turning the place around, which I will hopefully see the result of tomorrow!

Anyway, on a more on-topic note, has anyone else ridden Valkyria yet? If so, what did you think of it?

sam_coasterz

Roller Poster
Going to Liseberg for the first time next week ! I'm soo excited to get on Helix !! I sense a new number 1 coaster coming up :) and of course can't wait to get on Valkyria !! I loove dive coasters (Sheikra over in Busch gardens Tampa is my 3rd fav coaster)
Next trips after Liseberg i'm hoping to book Phantasialand (Neeeed to get on Taron ! looks epic !!) and F.L.Y sounds awesome !! :D
Any other recommendations of europe parks to vist? I'm thinking efteling ?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Going to Liseberg for the first time next week ! I'm soo excited to get on Helix !! I sense a new number 1 coaster coming up :) and of course can't wait to get on Valkyria !! I loove dive coasters (Sheikra over in Busch gardens Tampa is my 3rd fav coaster)
Next trips after Liseberg i'm hoping to book Phantasialand (Neeeed to get on Taron ! looks epic !!) and F.L.Y sounds awesome !! :D
http://coasterforce.com/forums/forums/trip-planning.11/

Ethan

Strata Poster
Europa Park, Port Aventura? Heide Park is meh but worth a visit if you're close by. Although the main draw is currently in pieces so maybe not.
As for Valkyria, looks pretty fantastic tbh. Hopefully they theme the tunnel a little but I doubt they will. It'll look better once the plants grow in a little, but I bet some small plants covering the tunnel walls would make it look a bit more like the concept art.