What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I believe the bags (zippered pouches) are fastened in all four corners. They're not going anywhere.

The only issue with this solution is that if one is tempted to pull out their phone on the ride, all they need to do is unzip the bag. I wonder if there was a way to implement a locking mechanism to the zipper, like a yonder pouch, yet have it unlock when the train returns to the station.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Why are automated storage bins such a hard concept to grasp for American parks?

money-rolls.jpg

17121923990_ba6b3b8fe6_z.jpg

700-01646203en_Masterfile.jpg

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Its a picture of the DRIVE TIRE that fell from the brake run. It DID NOT FALL FROM THE TRAIN for the last time. The ride is back open. FFS.

Matt N

CF Legend
Its a picture of the DRIVE TIRE that fell from the brake run. It DID NOT FALL FROM THE TRAIN for the last time. The ride is back open. FFS.
Ah right. Thank you for the clarification @CoasterMac305; from accounts on the internet, I thought it fell from the train itself. Now I've discovered that, the ride's quick reopening makes much more sense...

Snoo

The Legend
Did they just put the drive tyre back into place? And how the hell did it fall off in the first place? Come on RMC...

To be honest, with the changes they've made to try and push the ride to 3 train operations, a hardware failure isn't completely surprising or unexpected. I'm sure Cedar Point is aware and while not happy, fine with it being a simple drive tire instead of a running wheel.

Rob 92

Roller Poster
I'd be interested to hear how you get on - I'll be there in a month, so would be good to have an idea of the best plan.

The moveable lockers work pretty well, apart from the fact you often have to type in your code two or three times to get them to re-open! However some locker locations are often full, we found this on a day when the park was very quiet, and the suggestion of the staff was to go and find the nearest locker location (not ideal when you want to go on a specific coaster).

You should be able to fit two or three bags in each locker though, so if there is a group of you the cost isn't so bad.

Oh, and Steel Vengeance is awesome! :D

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
The lockers on-location were actually quite easy to use and I think MAY have been a bit overblown a bit by enthusiasts as it's a mere 2 dollars. I get why they'd be upset about the fee but @Hixee brought his SLR with him in the park and we had no worries grabbing a locker before any of our rides this past weekend rather quickly and easily.

Lofty

CF Legend
For me, the singular $2 is not bad. If you times that by how many creds and rides there are which need lockers, it becomes ridiculous.

Rob 92

Roller Poster
For me, the singular $2 is not bad. If you times that by how many creds and rides there are which need lockers, it becomes ridiculous.

That's where the all day moveable locker for $10 comes in. We made us of these over both days at Cedar Point as well as equivalents at Six Flags Great Adventure, Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens Williamsburg. For some reason though, Kinds Island do not offer an all day moveable locker which was frustrating.

Bag policies in the US are quite frankly bizarre though.