What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Infinity Falls | River Rapids

Matt N

CF Legend
Saw it test a little bit yesterday (and also saw Midway Mayhem filming!)
Did it look close to opening to you? Or do you personally reckon there's a bit longer left to go?

I've got to say that this looks absolutely stunning! I loved SeaWorld in 2016, and this should fill a gap in their lineup; I do love a good rapids ride, and Journey to Atlantis wasn't overly wet, in my opinion, so a slightly wetter water ride should be good for those baking hot Orlando days!

Sorry to drift off-topic a bit, but of interest @Pear, what did you think to the rest of SeaWorld?

Pear

Strata Poster
Did it look close to opening to you? Or do you personally reckon there's a bit longer left to go?

I've got to say that this looks absolutely stunning! I loved SeaWorld in 2016, and this should fill a gap in their lineup; I do love a good rapids ride, and Journey to Atlantis wasn't overly wet, in my opinion, so a slightly wetter water ride should be good for those baking hot Orlando days!

Sorry to drift off-topic a bit, but of interest @Pear, what did you think to the rest of SeaWorld?

It did look like it was almost ready, but Midway Mayhem said it had only completed a few test runs so far.

Overall I thought Sea World was kinda meh. Mako is fantastic and holds the park up so much. The atmosphere felt like Six Flags with animals.

Matt N

CF Legend
It did look like it was almost ready, but Midway Mayhem said it had only completed a few test runs so far.

Overall I thought Sea World was kinda meh. Mako is fantastic and holds the park up so much. The atmosphere felt like Six Flags with animals.
Thanks @Pear! It's a shame that you weren't a fan of SeaWorld; I personally loved it in 2016! I also agree that Mako is fantastic, as you can probably tell!

Anyway, back on to this ride; if it's only completed a few test runs, I'm wondering whether it'll open before American students go back to school, as from previous Florida visits, I'm aware this is towards the end of August. They might make it if they're doing test runs in the evening after the park shuts, and it looks virtually ready to open now, so I reckon it'll be open by the end of August, personally.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
That drop looks kinda lame tbh. When you compare that to the free-flowing ones on some of Hafema's rapids (River Quest etc) it doesn't compare.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Thanks @Pear! It's a shame that you weren't a fan of SeaWorld; I personally loved it in 2016! I also agree that Mako is fantastic, as you can probably tell!

Anyway, back on to this ride; if it's only completed a few test runs, I'm wondering whether it'll open before American students go back to school, as from previous Florida visits, I'm aware this is towards the end of August. They might make it if they're doing test runs in the evening after the park shuts, and it looks virtually ready to open now, so I reckon it'll be open by the end of August, personally.

FWIW some american students don't go back to school until September and some even late September.

Back on topic it looks fine, but I won't really decide on it until I can see everything done and running.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
But here in Orlando, private schools are already back in session, Orlando/ Orange County public schools start Monday, the 13th. So.... this upcoming Monday.
When I was in school, in Massachusetts, we never went back until after Labor Day weekend. September

Kozmo

Roller Poster
Really sucks that this still isn't open yet and my oldest goes back to school on Monday but on a side note SeaWorld did annonce they will be open till 11pm on Friday for coasters in the dark buuuuut they didn't say anything about infinity falls

Lofty

CF Legend
I think it would just be best to assume it won't be open and then if it is, BONUS. If not, just sit on Mako all night ;)

Let us know how you get on there, @Kozmo

Kozmo

Roller Poster
I love mako and manta... That's basically the whole reason I'm going and I'll probably end up riding journey to atlantis simply because it's the only ride the oldest kid is tall enough for and if I don't I'll get the pouty face all night even though I'd rather not walk around all night with wet shorts

Kozmo

Roller Poster
On a side note does anyone know why journey to atlantis doesn't have the whole exciting story line anymore? Now it's just lame music

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
The last time I went on Journey they were playing the music from their old Cirque du Soleil type show, Allure. Not sure if that's better or worse than the old Beetlejuice music they played... but yeah, no more storyline... barely any effects. Sad.

Pear

Strata Poster
Yeah there were no effects for me last week and I actually didn't get that wet at all! I got a good misting and my clothes dried off in like 2 minutes.

On a side note does anyone know how much money they wasted on Empire of the Penguin?

Kozmo

Roller Poster
@Pear you gotta sit in the very front to really get the whole soak experience :emoji_joy:
Side note don't sit in the back tho almost broke my neck when it hit the drop

Matt N

CF Legend
Yeah there were no effects for me last week and I actually didn't get that wet at all! I got a good misting and my clothes dried off in like 2 minutes.

On a side note does anyone know how much money they wasted on Empire of the Penguin?
I didn't get overly wet in 2016, either. Although I was sat towards the back.

Matt N

CF Legend
The only number I came across suggested $40 million. (Just...awful)
$40million is quite a lot, but I suppose they did build a whole new penguin enclosure, which is good. The ride is... OK, I guess; not amazing, but not the shambles everyone portrays it to be, in my opinion. If you ask me, a word I would use to describe Antarctica is... strange. Although I suppose the main focus is the penguins, though.

Anyway, on an on-topic note, does anyone know if Infinity Falls is any closer to a potential opening? It looks absolutely stunning!