What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
You think Boulder Dash has gotten rough with age? Well, you can still turn back the clock and go back to when it was but a gleam in its Pappy’s eye ...

... Which is my segue to mention that I rode Rollo Coaster today. :D

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Update after visits to Cedar Point, BPB, Alton Towers and Toverland. New in bold:

1 - Steel Vengeance
2 - Expedition GeForce
3 - Lech Coaster
4 - El Toro
5 - Superman the Ride
6 - Schwur des Kärnan
7 - Maverick
8 - Helix
9 - Taron
10 - Nemesis

11 - Wicked Cyclone
12 - Troy
13 - Goliath (Walibi Holland)
14 - Balder
15 - Nitro (SFGADv)
16 - Icon
17 - Star Trek: Operation Enterprise
18 - Alpina Blitz
19 - Millennium Force
20 - Fenix

Matt N

CF Legend
Update after visits to Cedar Point, BPB, Alton Towers and Toverland. New in bold:

1 - Steel Vengeance
2 - Expedition GeForce
3 - Lech Coaster
4 - El Toro
5 - Superman the Ride
6 - Schwur des Kärnan
7 - Maverick
8 - Helix
9 - Taron
10 - Nemesis

11 - Wicked Cyclone
12 - Troy
13 - Goliath (Walibi Holland)
14 - Balder
15 - Nitro (SFGADv)
16 - Icon
17 - Star Trek: Operation Enterprise
18 - Alpina Blitz
19 - Millennium Force
20 - Fenix
Great stuff! Out of interest, how many coasters are you at now? I'm only asking because your Captain Coaster signature says you're at 177, but your profile says you're at 198!

Meanwhile, I'm only at 42... that is set to change in August, though! Exciting times!

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Great stuff! Out of interest, how many coasters are you at now? I'm only asking because your Captain Coaster signature says you're at 177, but your profile says you're at 198!

Meanwhile, I'm only at 42... that is set to change in August, though! Exciting times!

I'm at 198 indeed. There are some coasters I haven't reviewed on Captain Coaster yet ;)

Hope you have a blast credding in August!

Matt N

CF Legend
I'm at 198 indeed. There are some coasters I haven't reviewed on Captain Coaster yet ;)

Hope you have a blast credding in August!
Ah right. Are they just some random rides from Cedar Point, BPB, Alton and Toverland, then?

Thank you! I'm only headed to BPB and Alton, but BPB has 12 potential new credits for me, and I'm hoping that I can pluck up the courage to finally ride the Octonauts cred at Alton... 3 years that's been tormenting me. I just haven't quite been able to bring myself to ride Octonauts yet for fear that my self esteem would never recover... but if it has a short queue when I'm at Alton for two days in August, then who knows. I may well be able to sneak it in... maybe during ERT on the second day ;)? Then I would have the complete set at Alton!

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
1. Steel Vengeance- for obvious reasons. It’s trimmed incredibly hard the last few times I’ve ridden it but that second half is still amazing.
2. Voyage- absolutely love this ride from the great first drop to the relentless 2nd half.
3. Maverick
4. Millennium Force
5. Montu
6. Banshee
7. Diamondback
8. Cheetah Hunt
9. Raven
10. SheiKra

Getting to Great Adventure and Hersheypark next month so I’m finally going to get my regional bias out of my top 10. I cannot wait to have Skyrush and El Toro in my life.
1. Steel Vengeance
2. El Toro
3. Voyage
4. Maverick
5. Millie
6. Nitro
7. Montu
8. Banshee
9. Diamondback
10. Magnum (trimless)

El Toro was absolutely bonkers and it is a very close 2nd to Steel. The drop, the airtime hills, and the sexy rolling thunder hill were so much more than I expected. After 12 rides tonight, I need to ride Steel again to solidify it. Alas I ride Skyrush in the morning so we’ll see how that goes.

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
1. Steel Vengeance
2. El Toro
3. Voyage
4. Maverick
5. Millie
6. Nitro
7. Montu
8. Banshee
9. Diamondback
10. Magnum (trimless)

El Toro was absolutely bonkers and it is a very close 2nd to Steel. The drop, the airtime hills, and the sexy rolling thunder hill were so much more than I expected. After 12 rides tonight, I need to ride Steel again to solidify it. Alas I ride Skyrush in the morning so we’ll see how that goes.
Post East-Coaster Trip my Top 10 looks a little bit different:
1. Steel Vengeance
2. El Toro
3. Skyrush
4. Voyage
5. Maverick
6. Stormrunner
7. Millennium Force
8. Nitro
9. Montu
10. TTD (I forgot to count this in my previous installations and TTD definitely deserves a nod.)

Overall Skyrush has the most insane first drop of any coaster I’ve ever ridden but the restraints keep it from beating Toro. Stormrunner was a pleasant surprise (flying snake dive <3) that I have no qualms with putting over Millennium.

Snoo

The Legend
Post East-Coaster Trip my Top 10 looks a little bit different:
1. Steel Vengeance
2. El Toro
3. Skyrush
4. Voyage
5. Maverick
6. Stormrunner
7. Millennium Force
8. Nitro
9. Montu
10. TTD (I forgot to count this in my previous installations and TTD definitely deserves a nod.)

Overall Skyrush has the most insane first drop of any coaster I’ve ever ridden but the restraints keep it from beating Toro. Stormrunner was a pleasant surprise (flying snake dive <3) that I have no qualms with putting over Millennium.

Loving that Storm Runner love. That ride has fallen by the wayside for most enthusiasts. I remember a time that was in my Top 10 as well. Ahh.. those were the days. :p

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Loving that Storm Runner love. That ride has fallen by the wayside for most enthusiasts. I remember a time that was in my Top 10 as well. Ahh.. those were the days. :p

Storm runner was great fun, it probably just misses my own top 10 and that is probably a restraint thing

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Update from Florida:

ikiSHLg.png

Only change to this portion is Mako coming in at 19. Other notable changes are Mine Blower at 26, Rock n' Roller Coaster bumping up all the way to 29, and Slinky Dog Dash down at #70.

That should be it for new credits this year. Might pick up one or two +1s, but nothing major.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
After a week in france:
1 - Skyrush
2 - Wicked Cyclone
3 - Formula Rossa
4 - Bizarro (SFNE)
5 - Colossos
6 - Sliver Star
7 - Taron
8 - Oziris
9- Schwur Des Karnan
10-- Nemesis

It's my second visit to Asterix, Loved Ozisris last time, and decided to put it over Nemesis now because
A - Perfect intensity
B - Really beautiful elements, something fab about the way the inversions are executed.
C- Lovely setting
D - nice little pops of airtime

It has a few lttle jolts here and there, but they don't detract from the ride

Roar o saurus is just edged out, wood express is on a similar level, so also just misses out - and I seriously considered finding a space for pegase express.

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
After my Sweden trip:

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Intimidator 305
3. Taron
4. Twisted Timbers
5. Skyrush
6. Helix
7. Schwur des Kärnan
8. Wildfire
9. Storm Chaser
10. Expedition GeForce

Wicked Cyclone was finally knocked out of my top 10 and honestly with the way it's been running this year, good riddance.

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
After my Sweden trip:

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Intimidator 30
3. Taron
4. Twisted Timbers
5. Skyrush
6. Helix
7. Schwur des Kärnan
8. Wildfire
9. Storm Chaser
10. Expedition GeForce

Wicked Cyclone was finally knocked out of my top 10 and honestly with the way it's been running this year, good riddance.

Yeah, being #11.. that bastard. :D

Pear

Strata Poster
When I was there in early July the ride was running so slow that all the strong ejector had become basically flojector. I've ridden this ride since opening and that was the first ever time I've never gotten airtime into the brake run. They changed the wheels and it's very slow now. Hopefully they change them back because if it continues to run like this the ride will just keep dropping and dropping.

image.png

Matt N

CF Legend
When I was there in early July the ride was running so slow that all the strong ejector had become basically flojector. I've ridden this ride since opening and that was the first ever time I've never gotten airtime into the brake run. They changed the wheels and it's very slow now. Hopefully they change them back because if it continues to run like this the ride will just keep dropping and dropping.

image.png
Ah right. Thanks @Pear! Although as a lover of floater airtime, I don't personally think flojector sounds too bad! Suppose it depends on your taste in airtime!

Pear

Strata Poster
It isn't too bad but compared to what the ride can do at its full potential it's quite disappointing really.