What's new

Bobbejaanland | Fury | Gerstlauer Triple Launch Coaster

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Really? I mean a turntable would be pretty cool but it just looks to me like a sliding points system like on Thirteen.
To be fair, it looks like they're showing both types in two different plans. The 'blue' plans show a normal branch, the 'red' plans show turntables.

Probably still under review, unless we can definitively date both of the images?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I think it's more likely to have turntables than a traditional transfer track. Gerstlauer are known for making those, especially on their Eurofighters.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think it's more likely to have turntables than a traditional transfer track. Gerstlauer are known for making those, especially on their Eurofighters.
Care to show your working?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Care to show your working?
Well the station looks to be perfectly perpendicular to the centre of the transfer track, meaning that the following turn is that tight the trains wont be able to navigate it. Also I'd assume the actual blueprint is more accurate than an NL2 rendering. I don't play NL2 much, but I'm not aware of any turntable transfer section in the game.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ah, in to the storage sheds! I thought you meant as part of the normal track.

It'll be interesting to see if they do go down that route - probably a few challenges to overcome to make it work as part of the normal track.

Lofty

CF Legend
I wouldn't say they're 'known' for making them, just that some of their Eurofighters seem to have them..? Out of the 23 Eurofighters in the world, 8 definitely do not have that turntable and I'm, not sure about Tikabisha and the new Nickelodeon one. So at least 35% of them just don't have it.

This would be the first triple-launch to have it.

Last edited:

Ben

CF Legend
Also literally no one gives a **** about whether they have turntables on the transfer track they are not ‘known for them’

Peet

Giga Poster
As far as I'm aware this would be the World's First coaster to feature a turntable as part of the ride, excluding turntable station loading systems (eg Pulsar) and maintenance sidings.

Ben

CF Legend
No, you’re the dumb one.

And just because I said a naughty word doesn’t make it ‘agressive’ calm down.

Also nice to see you have no further arguments on the matter.

As far as I'm aware this would be the World's First coaster to feature a turntable as part of the ride, excluding turntable station loading systems (eg Pulsar) and maintenance sidings.

A lot of the Mack water coasters have them, as does Scooby Doo in Australia and the Revenge of the Mummy’s.

Peet

Giga Poster
A lot of the Mack water coasters have them, as does Scooby Doo in Australia and the Revenge of the Mummy’s.
Haha whoops I have been on several of those Mack water coasters, I guess I forgot that they were technically coasters.
As for the others, I'm a little surprised that rcdb doesn't list the turntables as an element!
Still, this ride layout will be pretty unique and looks good fun.

Pear

Strata Poster
They're turntables. The reason they look like this is because the render was made using NL2 which does not have turntables in the game, but does have sliding transfers.

hp9r06opz2i0ms4.png

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Small update: I went to Bobbejaanland today and I've indicated where the fences are (red lines). The blue dots is the erea which is enclosed by the fences.

It's an old aerial picture because I couldn't find any recent one. So the green area is where the simulator "The Forbidden Caves" is.

I expect this site likely to evolve as quickly as with Toverland. I'm curious to see how this project develops in terms of a themed area, like how fluently it will fit to Adventure Valley and the very close Naga Bay. Snapchat-1908011228.jpg