What's new

Lost Island Theme Park | Iowa | 2022 (Kanonen relocation)

colten pennel

Roller Poster
You are right. The ride has been sold. And I promise you will be surprised as to where :)
It may not be the best received ride in the world but it will be a really really good addition for where it is going.
There is a decent sized tree clearing next to Mambas service road at WoF and it looks like it could fit kanonen in side of it and have room for a decent sized queue any thoughts???

There is also a large plot of land next to the heart of america theater and the theater wasn’t used this past season..speculations??

MOD EDIT: Posts merged. Please do not double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Whoop we can finally say where Kanonen will be going
The lost little Intamin launched coaster from Liseberg will be heading to Lost Island Water Park in Iowa, USA.
http://www.thelostisland.com/

An interesting addition for such a small water park and one that expands their lineup away from water rides.

I'd heard the owner of Lost Island had snapped up the ride some time back but after such a long time was begininning to wonder if it had been canned. However the ECC and First Drop Magazine has confirmed it in their most recent publication with a 2019 opening date.

Matt N

CF Legend
Brilliant news! Should be a great addition for the park! Also, it's nice to see that Kanonen's new home has finally been revealed!

Lofty

CF Legend
This coaster would be ideal for a tiny park somewhere. It really did get lost when it was at Liseberg, but for a small family park, it could really work to offer older children/young teenagers their first ‘bigger’ coaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend
They arent advertising it anywhere I can find yet. I'd wait until then before we appreciate it. I never had a reason to go to Iowa and I still dont even with this. It is Iowa after all. :D

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Wow, uh, ok. Lost Island is a water park with some go karts and mini golf. Literally off the radar for everyone.

Maybe I can get on it in the next few years. We'll see.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Looks like 5 hours from Adventureland and 5 from Chicago. Never heard of this park before, this’ll certainly put it on the map, now I’m more curious than anything to see if any goons actually make the trek out there to go ride it.

Also somewhat concerned about a little water park having to maintain an older Intamin, pretty much the same mechanism is a challenge for even CP and Hershey sometimes.

Bathtub Gin

Roller Poster
Looks like 5 hours from Adventureland and 5 from Chicago. Never heard of this park before, this’ll certainly put it on the map, now I’m more curious than anything to see if any goons actually make the trek out there to go ride it.

Also somewhat concerned about a little water park having to maintain an older Intamin, pretty much the same mechanism is a challenge for even CP and Hershey sometimes.

I think it's a little under 2 hours from Adventureland.

I'm in Chicago, and haven't ever felt compelled to make that drive. If this actually happens, maybe that changes...eventually. Of course, with two massive CF parks (and HW) also roughly 5 hours away, there are better reasons to make that drive.

I'm curious as to how a small water park will handle an Intamin launcher as well. This is a bizarre landing spot for this coaster. In any case, glad to hear it's coming to the States.

Snoo

The Legend
I think it's a little under 2 hours from Adventureland.

I'm in Chicago, and haven't ever felt compelled to make that drive. If this actually happens, maybe that changes...eventually. Of course, with two massive CF parks (and HW) also roughly 5 hours away, there are better reasons to make that drive.

I'm curious as to how a small water park will handle an Intamin launcher as well. This is a bizarre landing spot for this coaster. In any case, glad to hear it's coming to the States.

Don't forget, it's the smallest Accelerator out there. The complexity multiplies as you get bigger. It's like comparing a V2 to a V8 in reality. The components are the same but much less of a hassle to work with.

Edward M

Strata Poster
*Morning after the owners' crazy night of drinking at Lost Island Waterpark*

"Wait a minute, the computer says we bought a roller coaster last night?"
"What are you talking about, Brenda get me some water please"
"Ya, a roller coaster from Sweden. Oh God, Oh God, we spent a lot of money on it. It's something called Can Omen"
"Can Odin? What the hell? We spent that much; oh dear lord we're going to go bankrupt."
"Maybe we can just sell it off again."
"Well we sure as hell can't afford to build it now. BRENDA WHERE'S THAT **** WATER?"
"Oh God my wife is gonna kill me. First the affair now this."
"Well, we gotta post about it. Brenda? BRENDA! Go to Facebook cause we bought a roller coaster. It's spelled K-A-N-N-O-N-E-N."
"I think there was an extra.."

*loud sobbing*