What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
But on Silver Star you have to get quite lucky not to get all of the ejector murdered by trims and MCBR...
We must have had a lucky few days then! We rode eight times over two days and the trims didn't bite once. Or at least, not enough to matter!

But then, B&M ejector is nothing like Intamin ejector...

TilenB

Strata Poster
We must have had a lucky few days then! We rode eight times over two days and the trims didn't bite once. Or at least, not enough to matter!

But then, B&M ejector is nothing like Intamin ejector...
Yeah, it seems that they don't use them as much these days as they did in the past. Though I didn't get that luck the last time I visited (September 2016). There was still some nice floater in the back, but the front felt extremely sluggish. </3

DelPiero

Strata Poster
You Brits must be on that stuff again. Where on earth is ejector on Fury? Was I dead when I was on it?
Hill before it flies over the entrance path, coming off the turnaround into the tunnel, the trimmed hill just before the helix and the final 2 hills.
But no, no ejector at all, fatass ;)

In fact, I'll tag @Joey in as well, he loves discussing Fury.

Snoo

The Legend
Hill before it flies over the entrance path, coming off the turnaround into the tunnel, the trimmed hill just before the helix and the final 2 hills.
But no, no ejector at all, fatass ;)

In fact, I'll tag @Joey in as well, he loves discussing Fury.

I mean, you could call that ejector if you want. Go ahead. I guess you just up and forgot Steel Vengeance like that. It's ok. NO TOM! IT'S NOT OK!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I swear this ride gets faster on every POV I see. It seems like it's starting to get closer to overshooting the brakes:-
POV by Thomas Stenberg.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I mean, you could call that ejector if you want. Go ahead. I guess you just up and forgot Steel Vengeance like that. It's ok. NO TOM! IT'S NOT OK!
It's still ejector. No it's not RMC ejector, or Intamin ejector, but I'd still classify it as that rather then floater. I'd say it's on the same strength level as the GCIs, GGs and Vekomas.

You could come back with, "BUT IS IT STEEL VENGEANCE?" to everything, and you'd be correct to do so, maybe we need 3 main categories of airtime; Ejector, Flojector and Floater.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I swear this ride gets faster on every POV I see. It seems like it's starting to get closer to overshooting the brakes

I mean... I am a lover of hyperbole but even I find this a little exaggerated. It's hitting the brakes the same as it always has tbh.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I mean... I am a lover of hyperbole but even I find this a little exaggerated. It's hitting the brakes the same as it always has tbh.
Possibly teaching you to suck eggs, but might be worth mentioning for @ATI's sake.

It's worth pointing out that with magnetic brakes overshooting the brake run is much (much) more unlikely than with friction brakes. A friction brake can only grab so hard, so if the train hits the brake run faster it can 'overshoot'. With a magnetic brake, the amount of braking force is proportional to the speed of the train, so if the train enters the brake run faster, it slows down more quickly. There is a limit to this, but it's pretty unlikely with these sort of speeds. ;) As magnetic brakes also don't rely on contact, they work just as well in the wet!

All of that is to say that the strength of magnetic brakes, and the length of the brake run, are designed to stop the train with healthy margins of error.

It's almost as if improved technology at the hands of people who know what they're doing is better...

Lofty

CF Legend
It's also worth noting that unless there's a time stamp on the video, we don't have a clue when they were actually filmed in the day. For what we know, it's been operating for 7.5 hours and they filmed the last thing in the day, so it could've had a few mph faster than other POV's that were filmed earlier.

Snoo

The Legend
It's still ejector. No it's not RMC ejector, or Intamin ejector, but I'd still classify it as that rather then floater. I'd say it's on the same strength level as the GCIs, GGs and Vekomas.

You could come back with, "BUT IS IT STEEL VENGEANCE?" to everything, and you'd be correct to do so, maybe we need 3 main categories of airtime; Ejector, Flojector and Floater.

I can settle on Flojector.