What's new

Hardest final brake run slam?

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Some enthusiasts love hitting the final brake run with speed; some don’t. But we can all agree that some coasters stop the train on that final brake run with a sudden force that can be ridiculous.

So what coaster comes to mind when you think of sudden, essentially violent stops on that final brake run?

I just made a trip of fifteen straight parks, and the winner in this trip was clear. Silver Comet at Fantasy Island is a fantastic, underrated coaster, but the final brake run stop feels kind of like having a charging bison hit you in the belly.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
mOeZfhh.gif

rideguy70

Mega Poster
I mean, Full Throttle at SFMM brakes you as you come down full speed from a hill and launch. That's gotta be up there.

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
For some reason Tennessee Tornado comes to mind. The restraints are just loose enough on me that I fly forwards and up every time.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Another vote for Bandit. Rode it again today, German kid next to me started groaning about know he should sue them for whiplash.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Raptor's final brake run can be quite traumatic for the uninitiated - really hauls in there, especially snapping off of the final turn.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Another vote for Bandit. Rode it again today, German kid next to me started groaning about know he should sue them for whiplash.

Haa - yes, I was sat next to your good self on my first ride on the mighty Bandit. What a joyous occasion that was - oh how we laughed! :D

Dave

CF Legend
Steeplechase can often catch you out! But as mentioned earlier Shockwave at Drayton Manor is pretty aggressive, going at some speed into the station and then SLAM.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Sorry to be boring but any Maurer Wild Mouse tbh - especially that XXL version at Winter Wonderland.
Compare those rib-breaking breaks to any modern coaster and there's no comparison.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Sorry to be boring but any Maurer Wild Mouse tbh - especially that XXL version at Winter Wonderland.
Compare those rib-breaking breaks to any modern coaster and there's no comparison.
I was recently on the Vekoma Wild Mouse at Idlewild (a coaster with an interesting history), and they insist before you start that you keep your hands at all times on the red painted stripes on the bar in front of you. Before you even leave the station, you realize why they’re so insistent, as the slow-speed stops as you leave and re-enter the station feel like high-speed head-on collisions.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I'm actually going to say Expedition Everest. You don't really think of it much, but boy does it have a jolt when it stops.

Shout out to Viper SFGAm for being one of the only coasters I have ever needed to brace for.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Scorpion? I love the ride and the last time I rode it it wasn't as bad but previously I remember them being really sharp.

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
Just say B&M DIVE with 2 drops has abrupt stop. Arriving MCBR it has abrupt stop. And in final brake it has slam like as body feels abrupt stop. Griffon,Sheikra, Valravn , Draken has that...