What's new

Toverland | Fenix | B&M Wing Coaster

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Would you personally take Fenix or Swarm, or are they too different to compare, out of interest?

I prefer Swarm personally, but that's simply a matter of personal taste. They are two different ride experiences and it really does depend what tickles your fancy.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Toverland confirmed Fenix is not finished yet. They're still working on an extra scene, in the bare dark space when you leave the station.

That will change and even faster as expected. Probably the extra scene will be ready later this year.

The left wall of the station building (where the train enters the station again) will probably receive theming too, but when is not yet known.
130718mazed.jpg

EDIT
Djengu River finally received the fully rock themed station it deserves.
DhrXyOQXcAQIVZ5.jpeg
DhrX02PW0AArCID.jpeg

EDIT 2
The queueline of Fenix was pretty dark. People complained about it and Toverland immediately worked on it. More light. :)
Dh2LCxFX4AAc3AU.jpeg
Dh2QsiSXkAEcreI.jpeg
Dh2QsiXWkAAosvS.jpeg

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This looks great - I'm increasingly more impressed the more I see.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I hate to be that guy, but that sword was made to be pulled with some force, and Toverland really doesn't have a problem with vandalism or obnoxious groups of teenagers, so they probably should have went for something stronger :confused:

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
You're right but when you look at the sword, It's clear that you shouldn't pull too hard because it doesn't look strong at all. Still there are some d*mb people who do this. ;)

Lofty

CF Legend
To be fair, if they've put that there without thinking guests are going to be yanking on it for a photo opportunity, that's their stupidity. Nearly every single park that I've ever seen a sword in the stone at, they damn well make sure they're strong enough to cope with people yanking on it.

Knortie307

Roller Poster
Okay I've ridden fenix last week. after 8 times on the roller coaster at different positions. I can say that it is a very energetic rollercoaster and the inversions are really awesome !! i go again this week. the theming of the area is great. and the water attraction too. the theming is very nicely finished

Lofty

CF Legend
@Ben, Sam, @Hixee and I rode this last week.
Dlc80l-XsAAT3e-.jpg:large

It's brilliant! The pacing is incredible, forces are really powerful and the whole new Avalon area is insanely detailed. My favourite part was the airtime hill, which REALLY packs a punch. You get a good 2/3 seconds of pure flojector before slamming into the Immelmann and high g helix. That helix is insane, too - it's so so so forceful. Really impressed with it.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I rode it last week too, you're right... that airtime hill is FAB although it's so intense it ended up stapling me in the restraint, ha.
Excellent coaster addition and Avalon as a whole is so beautiful. They wouldn't let me drink a beer outside though :( not allowed glass outside and they don't serve it in plastic cups. Wahhhhhh. Oh and one train ops on a Sunday in August are not ideal! But those are my only niggles. Loved it.

Matt N

CF Legend
I really want to ride this; I love The Swarm, so I don't see why I wouldn't love Fenix if I was to ride it!

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I really want to ride this; I love The Swarm, so I don't see why I wouldn't love Fenix if I was to ride it!
I'd say that Fenix is better than Swarm. It felt much more intense and varied, also the head choppers are muuuuch better on Fenix than Swarm. And you know... Thorpe's a **** hole and Toverland is lovely, that always helps with the vibe!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It's interesting seeing many reviews where people say the airtime hill was fab, because on all my rides, I never got that much - the restraints really restricted how much I got.

Schlussbremse

Roller Poster
It's interesting seeing many reviews where people say the airtime hill was fab, because on all my rides, I never got that much - the restraints really restricted how much I got.

Besides the fact that at the end of the day every ride perception is quite individual, I think it could be a matter of the definition of the term "airtime" itself.

From my so-far-experience I personally could provide two possible definitions:

1. The feeling, the raw (lack of/negative) acceleration induces.
2. The feeling to actually "float" or (restraint) "free falling", meaning having less or no contact to the surrounding vehicle

No. 1 I would call the very "basic" airtime wich does not depend on the type of restraint. In the case of Fénix I sense this quite strong as well. The additional feeling of No. 2 is indeed missing. Maybe you can get it a liiiitle bit if You are quite small and relatively "lose" within the wests. In my relatively young coaster career I only experienced this type significantly on the Dive Element of the Baron (which has the classic OTSR) and its final little Bunny hop before the brake run.

Matt N

CF Legend
I'd say that Fenix is better than Swarm. It felt much more intense and varied, also the head choppers are muuuuch better on Fenix than Swarm. And you know... Thorpe's a :emoji_poop: hole and Toverland is lovely, that always helps with the vibe!
Fenix is absolutely better than Swarm. Like, they're not even in the same contest.
Very encouraging stuff! Thanks guys; I love Swarm, so this is very encouraging for if I eventually ride Fenix when I'm older!

balrog

Mega Poster
Fénix is awesome ! It reamly is B&M as their best : a medium paced ride with perfectly dosed intensity. A really enjoyable drop followed by a glorious airtime. The large height difference between the lift and the remainder of the layout ensure a consistently high speed throughout.

Unfortunately the restraints are not great but they don't kill the ride either, far from it.