What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

Hutch

Strata Poster
The second airtime hill definitely looks to be more floater than ejector... which isn't a bad thing. I think it has a pretty good length, in the sense that it ends when it should. If they really wanted to, they could've put in a few more hills or turns, but that would've tampered with the pace.

I think it'll be great. I'm really liking the look of those low Stengel dives. Overall it's a pretty solid mix of elements.

Bathtub Gin

Roller Poster
It looks good. Just good.

For some reason, it seems too clinical...too lab developed...too refined. The first drop, the second hill, and the twist-and-dive look fantastic, but after that it seems to lose a bit of luster. That camelback prior to the overbanked turn seems off paced. I bet it provides more of a floater airtime instead of the strong ejector that everyone is clearly expecting. Hopefully the low to the ground nature of the figure eight really enhances the sense of speed through that section.

And with that...bring on your pitchforks and torches!
I'd like to see it take the course at a higher speed as well, but it just ran it's first full circuit the other day. I imagine it'll hit it's stride before long. As for the hill before the overbank- I think promotional materials referred to it as a floater hill. Looks to be by design. The hill immediately after the drop was touted as the ejector hill, and that looks like a spot-on description. My hope for this coaster is that it'll sustain it's speed from drop to brakes. I wonder if the bulkier 4-across trains will have their say as to whether or not that is the case.

Peet

Giga Poster
That camelback prior to the overbanked turn seems off paced. I bet it provides more of a floater airtime instead of the strong ejector that everyone is clearly expecting.
It is supposed to be floater - in the original concept animated video it was described as a floater airtime hill whereas the 2nd hill was described as an ejector airtime hill.

I think it looks awesome; bigger and badder that Shambhala with a more varied mix of elements, including that inversion (not yet counted as one by rcdb but it clearly is).

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The second hill is meant to be floater, as it said in the most recent NL2 video. It almost looks like Intamin got inspiration from a B&M hyper for this coaster.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The train design? The chain lift? The track style? The floater, slower looking elements? No? Ok then, you're right, as always.

Luca B

Mega Poster
The train design? The chain lift? The track style? The floater, slower looking elements? No? Ok then, you're right, as always.
Honestly, the train design had been used by Intamin since 2012, the track style is not like B&M’s, the lift hill is used to minimise technical difficulties, and most of the elements look quite fast. However, I agree the floater is not common of Intamin and it does not fit the flow of the ride. I think the floater airtime hill should have been replaced with an ejector hill, as that would greatly enhance the ride.

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
I think it’s look good. It looks well paced, the airtime looks good, and the color scheme has grown on me. However this thing is being way too overhyped on Instagram. People are saying that it’s gonna destroy every single coaster on the planet, it’s gonna be the best Intamin by far, etc. It looks good but I don’t think it will be like that. Plus I wish they went with Vekoma. That would’ve been so cool to see a hyper/mega coaster by Vekoma. Considering how well they’re doing right now. But either way it looks good. Might do my own little European trip of my own in the future, like what Taylor did, and stop by there.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I think it’s look good. It looks well paced, the airtime looks good, and the color scheme has grown on me. However this thing is being way too overhyped on Instagram. People are saying that it’s gonna destroy every single coaster on the planet, it’s gonna be the best Intamin by far, etc. It looks good but I don’t think it will be like that. Plus I wish they went with Vekoma. That would’ve been so cool to see a hyper/mega coaster by Vekoma. Considering how well they’re doing right now. But either way it looks good. Might do my own little European trip of my own in the future, like what Taylor did, and stop by there.
Its black? Like, how is that a color scheme? It's the most common color out there. Also, who the **** is this Taylor kid I keep seeing mentioned, and why the **** is everything having to be to his liking/standards? Go there because you want to, not to model some ****dick.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
I reckon that floater hill could add some nice variety to the ride for those who might not necessarily like ejector air, personally.

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
Its black? Like, how is that a color scheme? It's the most common color out there. Also, who the :emoji_zipper_mouth: is this Taylor kid I keep seeing mentioned, and why the :emoji_zipper_mouth: is everything having to be to his liking/standards? Go there because you want to, not to model some :emoji_zipper_mouth:dick.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I never ****ing said everything had to be to his liking or his standards. As a matter of fact, I don’t even like most of the opinions he has. I watch his videos because his cinematography is really good now, it’s interesting to hear other opinions, and he just happens to put out good quality content. The reason why I said that his European trip has inspired me to go out and explore for myself is because getting to actually see all of these amazing coasters and parks outside of the US will help me not be as biased towards rides and parks in the US. Of course I’m gonna make my own ****ing trip. I’m not gonna copy off of some picky college kid. And in my opinion, the black has grown on me. Unless you are unable to respect my opinion and continue to be an asshole?And who even said that I wanted to go because Taylor went? So many coasters on my bucket list are in Europe. Seeing all these pictures from KK, CS, and OVC has only made me want to travel there even more

Last edited: