What's new

Rank the B&M Hyper coasters

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
1. Mako - lovely airtime, always good no matter where you sit, cracking first drop, nice paint colours, super fun layout and so reridable!
2. Silver Star - The last time I rode this it was absolutely flying around! Not exactly intense, but really really floaty and fun.
3. Nitro - love that banked airtime hill and the helix.
4. Leviathan - mega first drop, relentless speed, a tad on the short side though.
5. Diamondback - pretty solid, some nice airtime, fun splashdown.
6. Behemoth - good layout but a bit rattley.
7. Shambhala - so much drag on the hills :/ and that sluggish ampersand element.

Pear

Strata Poster
Nah, Diamondback and Nitro are great stuff. Both have excellent airtime and Nitro's helix is powerful. Yeah Diamondback has a slight rattle at the bottom of the first couple hills but it's not a huge drawback.

Don't know when you rode it but every time I rode Nitro my ass didn't leave my seat. Same with Diamondback.

Hutch

Strata Poster
^Rode them both on hot summer days and airtime was great. To be fair I just stuck with the back seat for both of them, didn't get a chance to try out different seats.

Snoo

The Legend
Fair enough that seems the general consensus in this thread. I’ve only done 3 and they’re all great so I just can’t imagine not enjoying any of them!

1. Mako
2. Silver Star
3. Shambhala

To be honest, I'm not a fan of most of them as I'm an ejector fanboy and not huge on floater. That being said, Raging Bull is pretty crap. It's like Fury had a baby that had it's legs removed before it could really run. The trims kill that ride.

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
Got my first taste of B&M hypers this month and I have to confess I'm genuinely surprised that some people prefer Silver Star to Shambhala. For me, Silver Star was rather non-descript and dull while Shambhala basically redefined how good coasters can be for me. Great to see how tastes differ, though!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Yeah, I'm on the Mako Hype Train as well. I was one of the few who got flamed for saying it had a standard layout following the announcement and I did not understand the rave reviews from when it first opened. After a few rides back in March, it's clear that you don't mess with something that isn't broken. B&M have mastered the ride type and Mako is proof. The ride has a great pace, the airtime is relatively strong, and the ride is glass smooth from start to finish. It's certainly a highlight even with Manta and Kraken close by.

My list:

1. Mako
  2. Goliath (SFOG)
  3. Behemoth
  4. Leviathan
  5. Apollo's Chariot
  6. Nitro
  7. Diamondback
  8. Goliath (La Ronde)
  9. Intimidator (Carowinds)
  10. Raging Bull

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Don't know when you rode it but every time I rode Nitro my ass didn't leave my seat. Same with Diamondback.

You Must be a large gent as I'm near 300pound and 6'6 and I bounced up and down like mad on diamondback

Diamondback was class, didn't notice a rattle at all, first drop was intense, scenery was good, airtime was prevalent and the splash down put it down nicely.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Row seven is the best for floater air.

(Btw, I deleted my post because you were talking about Dback and I responded about Nitro — but just as well: you answered anyway.)

will keep that in mind, D Back and Behemoth are my #2 and #3 coaster so very looking forward to Nitro and even though there not B&M's the Skyrush, Steel Phantom and Superman

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
will keep that in mind, D Back and Behemoth are my #2 and #3 coaster so very looking forward to Nitro and even though there not B&M's the Skyrush, Steel Phantom and Superman
Some great coasters there, for sure. Where are you from? I just realized I’ve been misreading your handle for some time and assumed you were from Newcastle. :p

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
I am from a town called south shields near Newcastle, I just mistyped my handle

Going on a second coaster trek with my wife next weak after going for the haunts last year at Kings Island, Cedar Point and Canadas Wonderland

Pear

Strata Poster
You Must be a large gent as I'm near 300pound and 6'6 and I bounced up and down like mad on diamondback

Diamondback was class, didn't notice a rattle at all, first drop was intense, scenery was good, airtime was prevalent and the splash down put it down nicely.

I'm no where near as large as you. I guess it was just running slow.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
I'm no where near as large as you. I guess it was just running slow.

I suppose the day I went it was a very warm October day and due to staying up late at the haunt the night before at Cedar Point we set off late so didn't ride till late afternoon so maybe why I found it so good

Ah, so I did have it right. Enjoy the trek!

Thanks very much, hoping to also add steel force at Dorney too to my hyper coaster list

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Slightly off topic, but I've just got back from Europa and Silver Star has a considerable rattle/vibration. Very noticeable at the back, better at the front.

It's made me realise just how good Shambhala is, now that I've ridden Silver Star since.

Long live Shammy.

James F

Hyper Poster
Shambhala, but I have only done that and Silver Star, so I don't have a lot to compare it to. I think out of the many I haven't done, Behemoth is the one I would want to ride the most. The layout looks brilliant and it's location next to the small lake is a plus as the ride passes over it. Goliath at SFOG is a very close second.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Your bouncing up and down has nothing to do with your weight anyway. A whale is just as subject to airtime as a mouse.

Isn't airtime caused by the inertia force caused by the change from up to down?, so if two people on the same train at the same speed with the same change in direction had the same force acted on them the heavier would be moved less as the force would require more energy to move them