What's new

Strange undeveloped coaster concepts

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Still think this concept looks fun - a family suspended coaster in the boosterboke position! great for a 'flying broomstick' theme - but you have to wonder how comfortable it would be!Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 19.00.56.jpg

Also - this 'reclining' coaster concept by disney! I can't see what it would be good for - apart from a space-mountain type ride where your looking up at effects/screens be8cf19fe3d7b9d391b6c0a4325b3d57.jpg

Merged to one -GWAS

Last edited by a moderator:

SwitchbackFanboy742

Roller Poster
The two halves of the zero g roll looks like the only thing that would be even close to the current controlled 4D's. The drop looks too small to be nearly as thrilling as those either.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Remember the Giovanola Tilt and Twist coaster @roomraider mentioned earlier in this thread? Promotional footage from the defunct Swiss manufacturer has surfaced, including some tests of a scaled-down Tilt coaster model!

Apparently the uploader works for the Monthey town council - the city where Giovanola was based during the whole of its 116-year existence :eek:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Also worth noting it would have had a beyond vertical drop, something basically unheard of in 1999/2000, and wouldn't become a thing in real life until years after.

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
Remember the Giovanola Tilt and Twist coaster @roomraider mentioned earlier in this thread? Promotional footage from the defunct Swiss manufacturer has surfaced, including some tests of a scaled-down Tilt coaster model!

Apparently the uploader works for the Monthey town council - the city where Giovanola was based during the whole of its 116-year existence :eek:
For a split second I thought that was a full scale prototype and my brain exploded

Hutch

Strata Poster
Haha yeah, I got so confused when the train dropped. For a second I thought the video all of a sudden sped up!

Great find @Coaster Hipster, that was fun to watch. That tilt mechanism is absurd. Imagine tilting downward and there's no track to be seen in front of you when vertical, that'd be such a tease.

Niles

Giga Poster
The Swine: Southend pier
So some of you may know about this but for me I had no idea this was a thing.
1583884890575.jpeg
1583884952895.jpeg
There were plans for a 9 inversion, 246ft tall coaster to be built out at sea. This was part of a whole new renovation that would have transformed the pier. I cannot believe that this was ever a thing that might have happened in the UK in the 2000s, it was to ambitious but an interesting concept overall.

Here is a link to a timeline that goes into more detail and it’s worth a read: https://www.southendtimeline.com/atlantistheswine.htm

adrenaline1996

Mega Poster
The Swine: Southend pier
So some of you may know about this but for me I had no idea this was a thing.
View attachment 7941
View attachment 7942
There were plans for a 9 inversion, 246ft tall coaster to be built out at sea. This was part of a whole new renovation that would have transformed the pier. I cannot believe that this was ever a thing that might have happened in the UK in the 2000s, it was to ambitious but an interesting concept overall.

Here is a link to a timeline that goes into more detail and it’s worth a read: https://www.southendtimeline.com/atlantistheswine.htm

WOOOW! That would have absolutely been amazing <3 Would have put Adventure Island on the map! Love the first drop and massive vertical loop! <3

Still think this concept looks fun - a family suspended coaster in the boosterbike position! great for a 'flying broomstick' theme - but you have to wonder how comfortable it would be!View attachment 2913

I'd would have loved for this to have happened. Wish Vekoma would bring this (and the Dive Pretzel Coaster that was destined for Orlando Thrill Park) back from the idea graveyard.