What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Okay, so I've gone through all my creds and think I've got a Top Ten (+) I'm happy with. First time in about three years that I actually feel like this bears a decent reflection on my favourite coasters.

1. Lightning Rod - Dollywood
2. Taron - Phantasialand
3. Fury 325 - Carowinds
4. Dinoconda - China Dinosaurs Park
5. Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
6. Skyrush - Hersheypark
7. X2 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
8. Voyage - Holiday World
9. Top Thrill Dragster - Cedar Point
10. Montu - Busch Gardens Africa

11. Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
12. Formula Rossa - Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
13. Soaring with Dragon - Hefei Wanda Theme Park
14. Jungle Trailblazer - Oriental Heritage (Wuhu)
15. Nemesis - Alton Towers
16. El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
17. Silver Star - Europa Park
18. Incredible Hulk - Universal Studios Islands of Adventure
19. Maverick - Cedar Point
20. Thunderbird - Holiday World

:)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Okay, so I've gone through all my creds and think I've got a Top Ten (+) I'm happy with. First time in about three years that I actually feel like this bears a decent reflection on my favourite coasters.

1. Lightning Rod - Dollywood
2. Taron - Phantasialand
3. Fury 325 - Carowinds
4. Dinoconda - China Dinosaurs Park
5. Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
6. Skyrush - Hersheypark
7. X2 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
8. Voyage - Holiday World
9. Top Thrill Dragster - Cedar Point
10. Montu - Busch Gardens Africa

11. Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
12. Formula Rossa - Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
13. Soaring with Dragon - Hefei Wanda Theme Park
14. Jungle Trailblazer - Oriental Heritage (Wuhu)
15. Nemesis - Alton Towers
16. El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
17. Silver Star - Europa Park
18. Incredible Hulk - Universal Studios Islands of Adventure
19. Maverick - Cedar Point
20. Thunderbird - Holiday World

:)
Such a lovely list, obviously differing opinions on some but a great variation of airtime, inverting and forceful coasters and very well traveled.

Pear

Strata Poster
I think I've finally got my list set after adding in Twisted Timbers. I know Taron is obviously not the best coaster on the list objectively, but it's my favorite overall ride experience so that's why it claims my #1 spot.

My top 10 is as follows:
1. Taron - Phantasialand
2. Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion
3. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park
4. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park
5. El Toro - SFGAdv
6. Wicked Cyclone - SFNE
7. Fury 325 - Carowinds
8. Twisted Timbers - Kings Dominion
9. Alpengeist - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
10. X2 - SFMM

After I reride Fury again this weekend I'll decide whether or not I like Twisted Timbers more.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Skyrush
Taron
El Toro
Helix
Iron Rattler
Nemesis
Shambhala
The Voyage
Oz'Iris
Dodonpa

Yh, jumping on the bandwagon here. Taron is :emoji_zipper_mouth: incredible. Everything from the setting to the music to the speed to the near misses to the sheer sense of being out of control. Some slight dead points mean it doesn't quite pip Skyrush to the Number One spot, but it'll be a LONG time before I get the vision of those night rides out of my head. Incredible.
Woooow it's been a long time since this saw an update! Anyway, Dinoconda is ****ing obscene, and Shambhala is a dry fart nowadays. So off you pop, there's a good lamb:

Skyrush
Taron
El Toro
Helix
Iron Rattler
Nemesis
Dinoconda
The Voyage
Oz'Iris
Dodonpa

Last edited:

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
After visiting both Kemah Boardwalk and Silver Dollar City this week my list has some major changes. Here is my updated top 15, new additions have explanations:
1) Boulder Dash
2) Maverick
3) Skyrush
4) Superman The Ride
5) Wicked Cyclone
6) El Toro
7) Boardwalk Bullet - This ride is a hidden gem! I went into it expecting a good ride, one that might make my top 10-15, but it blew away my expectations. The first section of the ride, from the drop to the first turnaround is one of the most relentless that I have experienced and there are awesome airtime moments and positive Gs throughout. It's paced very well, and has the perfect amount of roughness to up the intensity without making it uncomfortable. Gravity Group knocked it out of the park on such a small footprint.
8) Time Traveler - What a surprise this ride was. First off, the theming and location are fabulous and enhance the ride immensely. Back row on this thing is insane. I've heard that it is forceless and spins too slowly, but I thought it was perfect. The first drop is madness, my second favorite ever only to Skyrush. The launches were better than expected and every element is made more enjoyable by the varying rider orientation. There was also some pretty great airtime at parts. Just a purely fun ride, and definitely one that I wish could've ridden more.
9) Outlaw Run - I rode OR twice to start the day and each time hit the brakes disappointed. I came back later in the day for it to warm up, however I was left unimpressed. It's a great ride, don't get me wrong, but not even the best at SDC in my opinion. It was much rougher than I expected, after having been on WC. The ride feels like it is missing something, and each time I hit the brakes feeling some missed potential. The inversions were bland compared to other RMC inversions and the wave turn was not the madness that I have heard about. The drop was awesome though and so were the first three airtime hills.
10) Storm Runner
11) Phoenix
12) Powder Keg - Powder Keg was another wonderful surprise for me. I had always looked at it as being underrated but it definitely surpassed expectations. The launch was good and there is some really good airtime throughout! Paired with lap bars the airtime and laterals are made much better. The lift hill in the middle of the ride was awkward, but there are far too many pros of the ride to dwell on a minute pacing issue.
13) Nitro
14) Millennium Force
15) Top Thrill Dragster

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
After visiting both Kemah Boardwalk and Silver Dollar City this week my list has some major changes. Here is my updated top 15, new additions have explanations:
1) Boulder Dash
2) Maverick
3) Skyrush
4) Superman The Ride
5) Wicked Cyclone
6) El Toro
7) Boardwalk Bullet - This ride is a hidden gem! I went into it expecting a good ride, one that might make my top 10-15, but it blew away my expectations. The first section of the ride, from the drop to the first turnaround is one of the most relentless that I have experienced and there are awesome airtime moments and positive Gs throughout. It's paced very well, and has the perfect amount of roughness to up the intensity without making it uncomfortable. Gravity Group knocked it out of the park on such a small footprint.
Yes, this was the real highlight of my recent Texas trip. And you’re so right about the small footprint. That coaster wraps around itself and loops back through itself so many times that it’s amazing it keeps up that breakneck speed.

Textbook example of the wooden coaster that feels out of control.

Will

Strata Poster
Let's see if I can widen this to 25 as other people have done...

1. Katun, Mirabilandia
2. Nemesis, Alton Towers
3. Helix, Liseberg
4. Vampire, La Ronde
5. Colossos, Heide Park
6. Shambhala, Port Aventura

7. Black Mamba, Phantasialand
8. Wodan, Europa Park
9. Behemoth, Canada's Wonderland
10. Expedition ge Force, Holiday Park
------------------------------------------------
11. Leviathan, Canada's Wonderland
12. Blue Fire, Europa Park
13. Troy, Toverland
14. Baron 1898, Efteling
15. Lynet, Farup Sommerland

16. Fluch von Novgorod, Hansa Park
17. Balder, Liseberg
18. Os Iris, Parc Asterix
19. DC Rivals Hypercoaster, WB Movie World
20. The Swarm, Thorpe Park
21. Lost Gravity, Walibi Holland
22. Dragon Khan, Port Aventura
23. Psyke Underground, Walibi Belgium
24. Anubis, Plopsaland
25. iSpeed, Mirabilandia

I've probably had more than one ride on most of the coasters in bold, but have only been to the park on one specific holiday during the coaster's operating life - as such, opinions subject to change. This is based on coasters rated 8 or higher on my spreadsheet, so it's quite possible I've forgotten one or two. I've also made the decision to remove Blackpool's Wild Mouse, which would probably have been top 20 material before it got spited.

Pear

Strata Poster
I think I've finally got my list set after adding in Twisted Timbers. I know Taron is obviously not the best coaster on the list objectively, but it's my favorite overall ride experience so that's why it claims my #1 spot.

My top 10 is as follows:
1. Taron - Phantasialand
5. El Toro - SFGAdv
6. Wicked Cyclone - SFNE
7. Fury 325 - Carowinds
8. Twisted Timbers - Kings Dominion
10. X2 - SFMM

After I reride Fury again this weekend I'll decide whether or not I like Twisted Timbers more.

1. Taron - Phantasialand
5. El Toro - SFGAdv
6. Wicked Cyclone - SFNE
7. Twisted Timbers - Kings Dominion
8. Fury 325 - Carowinds
10. X2 - SFMM

Well Fury has dropped a spot below Twisted Timbers. Fury is just so much more tamer than I remember it being and I can honestly see it being knocked out of my top 10 by the end of the year.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well Fury has dropped a spot below Twisted Timbers. Fury is just so much more tamer than I remember it being and I can honestly see it being knocked out of my top 10 by the end of the year.
Wow, that's such a shame! I thought Fury was fantastic - maybe I shouldn't plan to visit Carowinds if I'm in the area again and keep the fond memories!

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
My current top ten after visiting Tokyo (but sadly not Fuji-Q :( )
1. Twisted Colossus - SFMM - I love the duelling aspect and as our first RMC it just blew my mind. Can't wait to get on Wildfire next month
2. Helix - Liseberg - Beautiful location, great layout, fantastic mixture of forces.
3. Taron - Phantasialand - this coaster felt absolutely crazy to me. It's an amazing themed area and it really throws you around the tracks. The tilted airtime hills were new to me!
4. Wodan - Europa Park - I love the 'out of control' feeling rides and Wodan has a crazy energy that really doesn't let up until the break run. Hopefully will get to America to do El Toro this year so will see if this has a contender.
5. Red Force - Ferrari World, Portaventura - I really love launch coasters and this is the biggest and fastest I've been on so far. Helped that we went on a very quiet day and could re-ride on the front row as much as we wanted.
6. X2 - SFMM - Again, I'm a sucker for out of control feeling rides and this is by far the most intense coaster I've ever been on. It also looks amazing when you approach the park from the road.
7. Thunder Dolphin - Tokyo Dome City - this was a surprise and one of the most unique coasters I've been on. A little like Expedition Ge-Force but with a breathtaking view of Tokyo and passing through a building and a ferris wheel, it's an odd but incredibly fun coaster
8. Lisebergbanan - Liseberg - It might be a family coaster but it's got beautiful surroundings, a surprisingly quick view dives down the hill and a charming and quaint station. Had so much fun riding this.
9. Manta - Sea World Orlando - By far my favourite flying coaster and the pretzel loop is just about the right amount of force before it gets too much
10. Joris en der Drak - Efteling - Again I love duelling coasters and this one is so much fun, again, in a beautiful park.

James F

Hyper Poster
My current top ten after visiting Tokyo (but sadly not Fuji-Q :( )
1. Twisted Colossus - SFMM - I love the duelling aspect and as our first RMC it just blew my mind. Can't wait to get on Wildfire next month
2. Helix - Liseberg - Beautiful location, great layout, fantastic mixture of forces.
3. Taron - Phantasialand - this coaster felt absolutely crazy to me. It's an amazing themed area and it really throws you around the tracks. The tilted airtime hills were new to me!
4. Wodan - Europa Park - I love the 'out of control' feeling rides and Wodan has a crazy energy that really doesn't let up until the break run. Hopefully will get to America to do El Toro this year so will see if this has a contender.
5. Red Force - Ferrari World, Portaventura - I really love launch coasters and this is the biggest and fastest I've been on so far. Helped that we went on a very quiet day and could re-ride on the front row as much as we wanted.
6. X2 - SFMM - Again, I'm a sucker for out of control feeling rides and this is by far the most intense coaster I've ever been on. It also looks amazing when you approach the park from the road.
7. Thunder Dolphin - Tokyo Dome City - this was a surprise and one of the most unique coasters I've been on. A little like Expedition Ge-Force but with a breathtaking view of Tokyo and passing through a building and a ferris wheel, it's an odd but incredibly fun coaster
8. Lisebergbanan - Liseberg - It might be a family coaster but it's got beautiful surroundings, a surprisingly quick view dives down the hill and a charming and quaint station. Had so much fun riding this.
9. Manta - Sea World Orlando - By far my favourite flying coaster and the pretzel loop is just about the right amount of force before it gets too much
10. Joris en der Drak - Efteling - Again I love duelling coasters and this one is so much fun, again, in a beautiful park.
Did you go to tobu zoo while you were in Tokyo?

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk