What's new

Parks with the best defunct ride line-ups?

VTCGA5

Roller Poster
Have you ever wondered what a park would be like if it's current line-up was swapped with it's defunct rides? If this were to happen to every park, which ones would have the best line-up of attractions? *Closed parks do not count*

Probably not the best, but I'd say Six Flags Great America would have a *decent* line-up of rides..

Coasters
Vekoma GIB (With the good trains ;))
Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop
Arrow Mega-Looper
B&M Stand-Up
Intamin Spacediver
Intamin Bobsled
Zamperla/Reverchon Spinning Wild Mouse
Herschell Kiddie Coaster

Notable Flats
Intamin 1st Gen Drop Tower
Intamin Triple Tree Wheel
2 Von Roll Skyrides
Huss Top Spin
Intamin Looping Starship
Schwarzkopf Enterprise
Schwarzkopf Bayern-Kurve
Mack Matterhorn
2 Arrow Antique Car Rides
Zamperla Joker

Obviously, Déjà Vu and Tidal Wave would be the park's headliners. Maybe give Shockwave the Phantom's Revenge treatment and put floorless trains on Iron Wolf and you'd have a solid top 4. The flat collection is pretty good as is though, there's a lot more of them I didn't mention plus a defunct kiddie area.

Six Flags Great Adventure looks pretty adequate too

Last edited:

Edward M

Strata Poster
I'd say Epcot without a doubt. They lost all of their original rides except Spaceship Earth. I think it's the only park where the park would be better if it had only their defunct rides.

Mack

Mega Poster
Geauga Lake :emoji_disappointed:

Being from Solon/Aurora, it was so sad to see our neighborhood park nuked with oversized rides that showed SF didn't understand GL at all.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
In the UK it has to be Flamingoland
Coasters
Bullet
Magnum Force
Corkscrew
Thunder Mountain
Flat Rides
Top Gun
Terroriser
Wave
UFO
Flamingo Star

sandgrown

Mega Poster
In the UK it has to be Flamingoland
Coasters
Bullet
Magnum Force
Corkscrew
Thunder Mountain
Flat Rides
Top Gun
Terroriser
Wave
UFO
Flamingo Star

Wild Mouse
Virginia Reel
Space Invader
Tokyado Express
Log Flume
Water Chute

BPB beats that for coasters. Flat rides must be a massive list too (if i've understood exactly what counts as a flat ride).

Sandman

Giga Poster
The 2 Schwarzkopfs at Mingo probably outweigh most ex-UK lineups to be honest.

Towers must be up there though with Thunderlooper, Corkscrew, Black Hole & 4 Man Bob. To be honest, I don't think any UK park had a brilliant line-up.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Wild Mouse
Virginia Reel
Space Invader
Tokyado Express
Log Flume
Water Chute

BPB beats that for coasters. Flat rides must be a massive list too (if i've understood exactly what counts as a flat ride).

Blackpool for its age will have loads of former rides, think it shows that a ride like the Virginia Reel closed in 1982, which was before a lot of the others mentioned here even opened, so it shows the age of the park comparatively. ( I remember one called the Vikingar which I think was rethemed when Valhalla was opened which was canny there as well.)

Magnum and the Bullet were really fun intense rides, in my opinion none of the blackpool lost ones are of that level so I would still go for that Flamingo Land bunch ( Plus they were all there when I was ~12-13 so have a special place for me)

The 2 Schwarzkopfs at Mingo probably outweigh most ex-UK lineups to be honest.

Towers must be up there though with Thunderlooper, Corkscrew, Black Hole & 4 Man Bob. To be honest, I don't think any UK park had a brilliant line-up.

Never got on 4 man Bob and Thunderlooper but the Corkscrew there was one of the best of its kind and the Blackhole after its retheme was a good ride. Think for Towers to take it in the UK it would need a Nemesis or Oblivion to be retired to add to the group to get ahead of Magnum/Bullet.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
You'd need to add The Beast, Alton Mouse, Dragon/Beastie and a wacky worm to the Alton Towers list. Not to mention a ton of decent flats like Ripsaw, Magic Carpet, 1001 Nights, The Mississipi, Space Boat, Energiser, Gravitron, Spider/Octopus, a bobsled run etc etc... I think Alton wins it for the UK easily. :)

This just makes me sad at how desolate Alton Towers is now campared to the mid 90s :(

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
You'd need to add The Beast, Alton Mouse, Dragon/Beastie and a wacky worm to the Alton Towers list. Not to mention a ton of decent flats like Ripsaw, Magic Carpet, 1001 Nights, The Mississipi, Space Boat, Energiser, Gravitron, Spider/Octopus, a bobsled run etc etc... I think Alton wins it for the UK easily. :)

This just makes me sad at how desolate Alton Towers is now campared to the mid 90s :(

It really is a big list, can add submission to that as well. I would still prefer the quality of the Flamingo Land flats though as Terroriser and Top Gun were top notch, in my opinion even better than Submission and Ripsaw

If we are talking on numbers Towers and Blackpool are far high but on quality I think Flamingoland holds it own at UK level (then again Im biased towards my childhood favourite)

Matt N

CF Legend
I personally think that Busch Gardens Williamsburg has a pretty good defunct lineup, with rides like Drachen Fire, Big Bad Wolf and Curse of DarKastle!

Coaster Cinema

Mega Poster
Six Flags Great Adventure
- Batman and Robin The Chiller
- Great American Scream Machine
- Lightning Loops
- Rolling Thunder
- Sarajevo Bobsleds
- Movietown Water Effect
- Riptide
- Stuntman's Freefall
- so many flat rides they won't fit in one page

Hutch

Strata Poster
Islands of Adventure.

The original Hulk got scrapped, as did Dragon Challenge. Three very good B&Ms right there.

Snoo

The Legend
Islands of Adventure.

The original Hulk got scrapped, as did Dragon Challenge. Three very good B&Ms right there.

tenor.gif

"Good" used loosely. ;)

KommissarLT

Roller Poster
I think Kentucky Kingdom would be a solid choice. Granted, they were SBNO for a couple of years, but you have Chang (put some floorless trains on it for one), Greezed Lightnin' (It would be the only Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop east of the Mississippi), Vampire (put the modern Boomerang trains on it), and a dueling CCI woodie in Twisted Twins (Storm Chaser might be better though). Not to mention an Intamin Drop Tower.