What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

elephant58

Hyper Poster
To be fair I get what he's saying, some the elements and transitions look a bit tight and uncomfortable, but obviously no one complains about that so it's just the look of them rather than the experience, evidently.

Peet

Giga Poster
Energylandia's is for 2020 and just a rumour at this point I think. Robin Hood is a good candidate for the RMC treatment, not rough but just a bit boring, I can't wait to see what they do with the relatively small structure.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I don't know how you can just be so sceptical about something that everyone says is good?

Sorry, didn't word it great.

More meant I'm sceptical whether I'd enjoy them. I don't know why, but I've just never been as keen and excited by RMC as others; they look 'fun', but not something that I've thought "wow, I need to do this" (aside from when they first came to light and there was the novelty aspect). I can't quite put my finger on why though. Hopefully after riding one my worries will be unfounded though!

Lofty

CF Legend
Sorry, didn't word it great.

More meant I'm sceptical whether I'd enjoy them. I don't know why, but I've just never been as keen and excited by RMC as others; they look 'fun', but not something that I've thought "wow, I need to do this" (aside from when they first came to light and there was the novelty aspect). I can't quite put my finger on why though. Hopefully after riding one my worries will be unfounded though!
I've never felt that airtime was going to kill me until I rode Storm Chaser. RMC's airtime absolutely rivals that of Intamin's, if not, more powerful in some cases (Storm Chaser). They're really good fun and some have the best inversion in the world (Zero G Stall). I think you'd really enjoy them - I've not come across anyone that's been passive about them before :)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Wildfire really isn't that good compared to the other RCM's I've done so far and it's definitely my least favourite (behind Goliath and Storm Chaser).
It's funny, because even though Wildfire is my 2nd lowest ranked RMC, it still quite easily fits into my top 10. Why? Because Wildfire is brilliant. Despite all our our whinging about the flow, it has some of the best elements in the world and a view which imo is totally unrivaled. It's just not bat**** incredible like some of the others.

preview.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I really need to ride some more. I've only ridden Rattler and it was in my opinion one of the most disappointing rides I've ever ridden. Dont get me wrong its not a bad ride and the first drop is astonishing but after it gets up on the cliff I thought it was crap. Wasn't even the best ride in the park let alone a world beater. But I must admit pretty much all the others look much much better than Rattler.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Finaaaly...someone else who feels that way about Iron Rattler. The drop off the cliff is excellent but then it just does...nothing. It's the weakest RMC I've done (bar Joker). Thankfully, most of the others have incredible airtime, unique beautiful inversions, soft hangtime and/or trick track which make them much better (in my opinion).

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
This is exciting news, though I'm a little surprised that RMC are still offering the I-Box conversions now they've got other interesting options available and have converted loads of old woodies.

Looking at the current layout of Robin Hood, it looks like there's potential for a barrel roll drop and some big overbanked wave turns, but with the out and back design I'm hoping they might use the side-by-side sections of track to do an interaction between a train going out and one coming back, though that would necessitate a MCBR at the turnaround I suppose. But imagine going down the first drop and then having an inverted near-miss with the train that is heading back to the station :D

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
Looking at the current layout of Robin Hood, it looks like there's potential for a barrel roll drop...

Is there? I always thought barrel roll drops were only put on coasters with a turnaround at the top of the lift. I mean, nothing is impossible, but I just don't see it.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Is there? I always thought barrel roll drops were only put on coasters with a turnaround at the top of the lift. I mean, nothing is impossible, but I just don't see it.
Well, firstly I never said anything about it being the first drop - there are several drops after a turnaround in the current layout. Plus I'd say it's short-sighted to suggest that just because the only RMCs to have a barrel roll drop so far have had a turnaround after the lift hill, that it's not possible to do one on a regular drop... ;)

Ethan

Strata Poster
Well, firstly I never said anything about it being the first drop - there are several drops after a turnaround in the current layout.

Well firstly, you did imply it being on the first drop...
But imagine going down the first drop and then having an inverted near-miss with the train that is heading back to the station :D
You used the word "drop" implying the first drop. I'd say a barrel roll or a zero-g further in the layout wouldn't really be considered a drop.
Plus I'd say it's short-sighted to suggest that just because the only RMCs to have a barrel roll drop so far have had a turnaround after the lift hill, that it's not possible to do one on a regular drop... ;)
I'm not closed minded, I just doubt they'll be a roll on the first drop. Will there be inversions further on in the layout? Yeah, I'd assume so, but they wouldn't be "drops", per say.

Last edited: