What's new

Best and worst queue line

sandgrown

Mega Poster
After 30 minutes in a queue, I can't see how you'd be any less bored if the area was themed or not. How excited about it can you get? I'm not saying it can't be nice, but boredom is boredom. If it made any difference Tesco would have themed their queues into mini Parisian boulevards to captivate Britain's shoppers as they waited to shell out for their oven chips.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
After 30 minutes in a queue, I can't see how you'd be any less bored if the area was themed or not. How excited about it can you get? I'm not saying it can't be nice, but boredom is boredom. If it made any difference Tesco would have themed their queues into mini Parisian boulevards to captivate Britain's shoppers as they waited to shell out for their oven chips.
No, for me waiting an hour in an interestingly themed tunnel or corridor is definitely less unpleasant than doing the slow back-and-forth lumber through a crowded cattle pen.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
My faves are Vliegende Hollander, Wodan, Black Mamba and Helix (I just love the atmosphere and music, it always pumps me up for the ride).

Worst (ugliest) queue used to be Race to Atlantis at Phantasialand, but that's gone now.

Will

Strata Poster
Tower of Terror II at Dream World has an AWFUL queue line. It's a narrow, indoor tunnel with nothing to look at and air conditioning which works intermittently - due to the ride's low throughput, it moves very slowly and due to the ride, it's one of the loudest places in any theme park. They also decided it'd be a great idea to play Ed Sheeran and similar loudly; in a queue line setting, this should be banned under the Geneva convention.

TPC

Roller Poster
Queuing 2.5 hours in Red Forces cattle pen queue line was awful, especially when it was just on 1 train during August.

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
Basically all queues that are indoors or have a lot of scenery and shade are the best. That's why nearly every single ride at Universal has my favorite queue lines because they're, for the most part, inside and the theming really engages the everyone waiting to take their mind off of the long wait and enjoy what's around them.

Matt N

CF Legend
Best Queue Line: One of the two Harry Potter rides at Universal Orlando.
Worst Queue Line: Probably one of the two major coasters at Oakwood.

Efan

Mega Poster
Best Queue Line: One of the two Harry Potter rides at Universal Orlando.
Worst Queue Line: Probably one of the two major coasters at Oakwood.
Out of those two, definitely Speed. At least Megafobia's queue goes underneath the track.

Joey Schadenberg

Roller Poster
For me the best are: De Vliegende Hollander, Black Mamba, Taron (without extended queue , because that is total trash). And the worst: Winjas and droomvlucht

Sandman

Giga Poster
Black Mamba's queue is one of of the only times I was in absolute awe at how good a queue was.

Annoying music but urgh, that landscaping <3 The way you have to navigate up, down and around this magnificent beast is marvellous. Deep Africa is so, so good and perhaps overlooked now because of Klugheim. Just wish they kept the original queue music on the vid.

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
Best : Draken and Phaethon in home park
max 40min in normal day
All queue is INDOOR
HAS A LOT OF AIR CONDITIONERS IN QUEUE
so i feel cold in queue