What's new

SFFT | Wonder Woman Golden Lasso | RMC Raptor

tomahawk

Strata Poster
@tomahawk The reason it doesn't catch is because there actually isn't a MCBR. ;)

Zu-ff5eViU1imTUTR9sNZ9z46cCOkzCFVaZUeUrVBfo.jpg
There's no way they don't smack a trim on there. This felt like watching the Xcelerator 100 mph tests Just too fast for its own good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
Wow! Um... that is quite possibly one of the fastest coaster first test runs I've ever seen! Only thing I can think of that even came close in terms of pacing is Mako's first test run without the trim and the MCBR! I personally don't see RMC trimming this ride, as trims don't seem like a very RMC thing to do, if you get what I mean.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Jeez that's mental. Like something you'd design back in RCT where you purposefully make elements too small so the ride flies through things too quickly. Really do wonder if they'll trim it or something somewhere, or if that's really how they'll leave it.

Still looks ugly as though.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
The first half is absolutely obscene but the corkscrew at the end is a moderate speed. I can't see how much slower they could make the ride yet still have it clear the corkscrew or avoid OTT hangtime which I'm sure RMC won't want so I'm optimistic this is a similar speed to how it opens.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The first half is absolutely obscene but the corkscrew at the end is a moderate speed. I can't see how much slower they could make the ride yet still have it clear the corkscrew or avoid OTT hangtime which I'm sure RMC won't want so I'm optimistic this is a similar speed to how it opens.
I think that might be a perspective trick, to be honest. The corkscrew is going away from the camera in the clip, and is actually a very long element (see GuyWithAStick's photo above). I reckon it's still absolutely flying through it.

I mean, that s-bend hill looks obscene at that speed. I can't say I'd actually be too excited to ride it at this speed, I think it would just hurt!

Jared

Hyper Poster
I get the feeling they’ll change the wheels to slow it down rather than opting for a trim. They’ll modify bearings and wheel compound.

Lofty

CF Legend
Well, this is the same company that had Storm Chaser running fine and then decided to put different wheels on it that sped it up so much it causes moments of life flashing before your eyes.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I’m dyin over here. Someone please give me a status report. I’ll be at this park March 31/April 1 — someone please give me some hope that this coaster will be open by then.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Hm. I’m now seeing news sources with the phrases “later this Spring” and “in April.” Doesn’t look good for me.

Frustrated. :mad: