What's new

Thorpe Park retheming X to The Walking Dead

Will

Strata Poster
Presumably news outlets running non-stories (in reality, nothing more than adverts) has cut their advertising costs a little as well - and in fairness to Merlin, that's actually a clever move. Though we've now spotted three mistakes in the article which was in obvious need of quality control.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
But what power does an "Attractions Excellence Manager" have? I mean, they can ride X but the only way they can make it any good is to burn it to the ground and dance in the flames.

nadroJ

CF Legend
ITV have an article with some photos of this, and even a mention of CoasterForce!:
http://www.itv.com/news/london/2018-03-06/thorpe-parks-new-rollercoaster-tester-swings-into-action/
The theming looks nice in that picture, and if one of our members has approved it, then it must be good! I think she's a member on here, anyway, because I remember seeing her in a video about CBeebies Land alongside Ian.
Jesus, I thought I posted often enough on here not to be referred to as 'her'! XD

Ben

CF Legend
Presumably news outlets running non-stories (in reality, nothing more than adverts) has cut their advertising costs a little as well - and in fairness to Merlin, that's actually a clever move. Though we've now spotted three mistakes in the article which was in obvious need of quality control.

I mean, welcome to PR, it’s kind of a whole industry.

I don’t know who the girl in the article is, must be some washed-up has been no one would ever associate with.

Smithy

Strata Poster
It's the person who posted just before you. ;)
776.jpg

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Can't quite deal with the levels of cringe in that article, all culminating with Stealth being better than Helix.
Why was Nemesis not allowed to feature?

Ben

CF Legend
Can't quite deal with the levels of cringe in that article, all culminating with Stealth being better than Helix.

I mean, maybe Nemesis isn't that good...?

Also when the person featured in the article is one of the most prolific members of this site and a key contributing factor in what it is today, maybe, just maybe, you could try not being so rude about it?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Welcome to writing for tabloids ;D

Also, Stealth IS better than Helix #sorryboutit

Edit: they also switched a lot of the order of stuff - I said I didn't care as long as the top two remained locked.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
“Zombie-themed attraction based on hit US TV show at Surrey resort is the best ride Jordan Middleton has been on - and she's ridden 840 rollercoasters in more than 50 cities”

Does it not make you feel a little bit dead inside for someone to say this about you? :p

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Oh I do love a good misinterpreted forum post.

Nothing rude about it at all really. It's a decent achievement, well done.
The writing style of the article is where the cringe comes from. What a surprise.

I mean, maybe Nemesis isn't that good...?
I couldn't care less about Nemesis, just did a quick comparison with the top ten in @nadroJ 's signature and saw Nemesis replaced Stealth appeared, in an article about Thorpe Park, and assumed something else was afoot in that.

So I don't know man... Sorry for bothering to read the article or showing in interest in how the media puts these things together?