jxjjneR.jpg

ISJjU38.jpg

joVillQ.jpg

kfNRdhk.jpg

pLZfIyo.jpg

emcXqcT.jpg

DelPiero

Strata Poster
So... The current pics of installed track show the single spine track. There was definitely some double spine in the pics I saw of the track in the car park. Where do we think those pieces will be installed? I'm surprised they aren't at the bottom of the drops already, which leads me to believe there's some high G sections where the double spine will be used, similar to Red Force having double spine on the entrance and exit of the tower.

portaventura-spain-ferrari-land-NEWPARKRIDE0417.jpg

Skyrush has double spine all the way around for reference (plus pics of Skyrush make me Ziz)

skyrush_05-1400x780.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The hardest working (structurally) sections of track aren't necessarily the bits where the train is going the fastest - it's more about where the track is required to carry a lot of load - that's subtly different.

As we'll have seen in all the photos, the pull-outs of those drops have lots of supports, meaning that although the train is excerpting a lot of force on the track, the track is transferring most of that straight in to the supports. If you look at the supports on Skyrush they're spaced much further apart. Red Force is a little bit different, as it's much bigger and faster, but the same principles still apply.

So the double spine sections might be for use somewhere where the track has a long span (over a pathway, for example), or where they can't put as many supports in the ground for other reasons (maybe buried utilities or other attractions).

Lofty

CF Legend
I know I'm being very presumptuous here, but I can see it going in on the 'Twist and Dive' element, mainly due to Hixee's above comment.