What's new

Happy Valley Beijing | Unknown | B&M Junior Inverted Coaster

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Go on then, I'll move this to Ride Construction.

I'll amend the title when the Hyper goes vertical.

JSM

Mega Poster
The B&M FSC track is complete.
Edit: Sorry for the file, my computer doesn't seem to want to let me upload the photo...

Attachments

• 24210462_1748121112159946_3040625495320952351_o.jpg
    24210462_1748121112159946_3040625495320952351_o.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 39

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Is this a clone of the one at Shanghai?
yes it is although there are some small difference in support structure.

For reference, Although essentially a direct clone of the Vekoma SFC the B&M does have a slightly different layout.
There is a slight difference on the figure of 8 structure midway through the ride. The B&M goes over then under and climbs up during the turn around while the Vekoma stays up and doesn't dive back under then descends during the turnaround. If that makes sense.
22050356_1727372577568133_5480781121714978973_n.jpg
Doesnt make a whole lot of difference to the ride experience but thought it was interesting.

And seems like we get to see the Intamin take on this exact same layout soon at WB in Abu Dhabi as well.

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry for double posting, but does anyone know when the B&M Hyper (Music Roller Coaster according to RCDB) is due to open? According to RCDB, it's opening in May 2018, but I don't think that's happening.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ah I forgot this was being built. I guess my "completed set" of B&M Family Inverts was short lived. :p

oriolat2

Giga Poster
This looks so excessive. I wonder what the price tag for this was.
Is it just me or this could easily win the title for 'most intricate netting system' of any coaster in the world? Just look at those supports sticking from the main supports on the helices...

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This looks so excessive. I wonder what the price tag for this was.
I've never heard any figures categorically for these, but I bet they're a fair mark-up on the Vekoma models! It does make me wonder why they bother with them? If Vekoma won't work with the chain (will they?), couldn't they get one of the other (read: cheaper) manufacturers to knock them up a version? Whole thing is so strange!

Is it just me or this could easily win the title for 'most intricate netting system' of any coaster in the world? Just look at those supports sticking from the main supports on the helices...
Curiously, the one in Shanghai has similarly expansive netting/screening -
aadbboa