CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^It is!
hangtime-achterbahn-knotts-berry-farm.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
How could they have completed the track without the necessary supports, though?

Without the extra weight of trains and the dynamic forces they induce, it might be possible to have fewer supports in place. Those supports wouldn't be needed to just carry the track standing still, but would be necessary when they start sending trains around.

Matt N

CF Legend
We have testing footage!

Credit to Theme Park Access for the original video, and to pinwheelguy on Discord for sharing it
Wow! I've got to say that looks really good! A solid thrill coaster! The next Steel Vengeance, no, but a very solid roller coaster all the same! Great job Knott's and Gerstlauer!

Also, do you guys reckon this will open in March?

Lofty

CF Legend
Wow! I've got to say that looks really good! A solid thrill coaster! The next Steel Vengeance, no, but a very solid roller coaster all the same! Great job Knott's and Gerstlauer!

Also, do you guys reckon this will open in March?
The USA isn't similar to the UK in which they open coasters during the opening of the season. A lot of parks open their coasters/rides during big holidays or peak summer periods.

Pear

Strata Poster
Cedar Fair does tend to open their rides around opening day though. Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, and Railblazer are all opening with the park this year. Hangtime will probably open next month but it's hard to say since it's an all year park.

Six Flags are the ones who like to open new rides around Memorial Day in May, though this year they're apparently opening Wonder Woman in early March.

Lofty

CF Legend
Cedar Fair does tend to open their rides around opening day though. Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, and Railblazer are all opening with the park this year. Hangtime will probably open next month but it's hard to say since it's an all year park.

Six Flags are the ones who like to open new rides around Memorial Day in May, though this year they're apparently opening Wonder Woman in early March.
Steel Vengeance is opening the beginning of May - that's my point. It ain't opening in March like a lot of European parks/coasters do.

Pear

Strata Poster
Cedar Point opens for the season in May though so they can't open it in March.

Time Traveler will be opening in March as well. Most parks tend to have their rides ready for opening, Six Flags likes Memorial Day weekend for some reason.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
It’s a beautiful looking ride, that’s for sure.

The pacing and speed is crazy but it’s just so short, all that potential energy just wasted, I can’t help but feel like on extra few elements would do this ride wonders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Out of all the infinity coasters, that has got to be the worst train design. (But all the others are amazing so WTF happened?)