What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

balrog

Mega Poster
You made me explore the AT website, and now all I can think of is ... why ?
galactica.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
You mean the fact they used instantly iconic coaster track to represent their coaster flying through space because the elements at their disposal were of Vekoma track? Wow, shame on them...

In reality, that track is 10 a penny online if you search for it and is easily manipulatable. Plus, it creates a much more dynamic structure to texture and render than B&M track.

balrog

Mega Poster
You mean the fact they used instantly iconic coaster track to represent their coaster flying through space because the elements at their disposal were of Vekoma track? Wow, shame on them...

In reality, that track is 10 a penny online if you search for it and is easily manipulatable. Plus, it creates a much more dynamic structure to texture and render than B&M track.
I was just joking, in a way that was echoing the current discussion about that guy that was bragging about making AT change their website. I have no idea how you could have misinterpreted that.
Coasterforce's 2018 new rule : each joke should come with a disclaimer ...

Lofty

CF Legend
Based off of the comment above mine, it was taken from that, Balrog. The 'joke' you said could've easily been interpreted to be many things, including the one I commented about - having a very very very vague joke doesn't help the situation, love.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
New photo from Attraction Images, which really shows off the whole area well:
DUebBuJXkAcC_E_.jpg:large

Whilst the coaster itself isn't exactly the most impressive woodie around, I think it fits really well with the surrounding scenery in Mutiny Bay and the rapids. And it'll only get better I think once vegetation starts growing in the ride area.

Here's another one:
SdZAoca.jpg

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Imagine spending your free time writing to the advertising standards agency to complain about the wording of an advert for a rollercoaster at a theme park.

And then posting about it on the internet.

And then sharing the response as if it's a victory. My days. Go outside.
Nah, good. Good I'm glad someone could be bothered. Because the worlds first thing is an an absurd lie at best and a sad unfunny meme at worst. It's so irrelevant and stupid and if this can help a smidgen to make the marketing team go "actually remember that time we got called out for lying? maybe we should be more careful this time" then good.

catsounds

Mega Poster
There isn't any photos taken closer up. Why don't you just zoom in on the train?
Because it turns too pixelated to tell what it actually looks like :confused: All i can make out is the water dummies

edit: i thought someone had commented about what it looked like, just realised it was about the length :p

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Oh dear... That's slow. Nice to see a 12-car train though, the throughput will be very good!

Is the ride actually complete, as in the landscaping?