X: Uknown

Mega Poster
This is the name of a park but still: rcdb.com/6063.htm
Also
Dizzy Love & Whirling Passion

Sounds X-rated.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Tibidabo naming their only roller coaster Muntanya russa (Catalan for 'roller coaster'). Extremly imaginative...
or
Gotham City Gauntlet Escape from Arkham Asylum at Six Flags New England

/end of game

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The Chinese parks that name their rides 'Diving Coaster' 'Wood Coaster' 'Mega Lite' etc

In some cases, that's just the English name given to the coasters. For instance, this coaster cleverly named "Bullet Coaster" in English is named "Tibetan Eagle" in Chinese.

I'm more annoyed by all the coasters named "Wild Mouse" (there are 150 of them as of the last count) or "Wacky Worm" (38). There are also an awful number of "Big Apple", "Jet Star", and "Cyclone" out there. Because why try to be unique when you can just call the coaster by its model name?

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
The Chinese parks that name their rides
'Mega Lite' Blue Moon Flying Car
'Diving Coaster' Top Hero Wind
(should have said 'Dive Coaster' Vertical Roller Coaster)

'Wood Coaster' Wooden Roller Coaster
Nailed it.
Just needs a 1 on the end and we're in RCT.

Already had a brief mention, but Rollercoaster is by far the laziest. In all languages.
Achtbaan
Achterbahn
Montagnes russes
Montagne russe

Wait... Jet Coaster? Noooooooooooo

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Nominating another one, this time from my home park.

Western-Expressen. The name is only two words, but still manages to be a hodgepodge of language confusion. First and foremost, "Express" is not written with an X in Norwegian. It is in Danish, but in Norwegian we write it "Ekspress". A passable name would be "Western-Ekspressen", but that would still be a terrible misuse of a hyphen. The general rule in Norwegian is that combined words are written as one word. "Westernekspressen". If a hyphen is used, the first letter of the second word should not be capitalized. At least the term "Western" is in use in the Norwegian language, albeit as a loan word.

I don't understand why they couldn't settle on either a Norwegian or an English name. "Western Express" would be fine. "Westernekspressen" would be fine. "Western-Expressen" is just an affront to all rules of spelling.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
That is just the sort of language abuse that niggles me. Not coaster related but there's a tube station in London which has signs for both St James' Park and St James's Park. Both are grammatically correct but it infuriates me - like, just pick one!

Anyway, coasters:
Wacky Warm
Crystal Wing/s (which is it and what does it mean?)
Dizz (because it doesn't spin enough to make you dizzy in the slightest).
Euro Coaster (fine if it was the region, but there are € signs all over the thing - like you need to be reminded of how much this lame excuse for a coaster is costing you).
Eejanaika (because I have to look up the spelling EVERY time).

Last edited:

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Just to elaborate a bit more: Actually the name is Eurosat Can Can Coaster. When I say "Ich bin mit dem Eurosat Can Can Coaster gefahren" ("I rode the Eurosat Can Can Coaster" in German, since Europa Park is in Germany obviously) I have 3 languages in one sentence and I find that pretty awkward. Also considering "Eurosat" comes from "Europa Satelit" it would mean "Europa Satelit Can Can Coaster" because satelites and Can Can have so much in common.