What's new

Bobbejaanland to open a second VR coaster

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Bobbejaanland, the unloved child of Parques Reunidos, added VR to their indoor coaster Revolution in 2016.
Now the park's next new addition this year will be: another VR coaster!
Dreamcatcher, the oldest coaster in the park (Vekoma Suspended 1987), will receive wild west themed VR. As part of the project the station will receive extensive theming (sliver linings I guess). With the VR you will be able to fly like an eagle over the wild west and encounter real storms over mysterious landscapes.
240118dream2.jpg

Untitled-1-30.jpg

http://themeparkfreaks.eu/2018/01/bobbejaanland-opent-dit-jaar-tweede-vr-achtbaan/

This also means the last time the park received an actual NEW ride was Forbidden Caves in 2014 one of those (un)immersive tunnels like the Dinosaur one in Movie Park Germany. Before that they received a Maurer Spinner in 2011.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Hahaha are they serious? Stone Cold came off that thing with blood dripping down his ear and they want to VR it! Think of the children.

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Bobbejaanland, the unloved child of Parques Reunidos,

Do not fret, all of its children are unloved. Bobbejaanland hasn't seen significant investment since 2004 or so, that's completely par for the course. This is the chain that considers Parque Warner Madrid its flagship park, and it last got a big coaster when Six Flags opened the place in 2002.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Do not fret, all of its children are unloved. Bobbejaanland hasn't seen significant investment since 2004 or so, that's completely par for the course. This is the chain that considers Parque Warner Madrid its flagship park, and it last got a big coaster when Six Flags opened the place in 2002.

Good point. I was really just thinking of it's closest neighbours Movie Park and Slagharen who have both had 'okay' amounts of invest recently while Bobbejaanland has just been left to die.

Sandman

Giga Poster

That's depressing. I guess the Youngstar is the newest cred, and that's ticking onto it's 9th year of operation now. I feel bad for PWM. It has the foundations of what could be a solid park, heck it already has some pretty fab rides. Just needs a bit more investment to bump up the standard. And rip down that woodie please.

lachlan

Mega Poster
I admit, I would have enjoyed the Mount Mata VR had the video been less jittery. If they can resolve the issue it will improve what is otherwise a boring ride. I think VR done right could be great.

I liked Bobbejaanland but it desperately needs a new coaster. At the moment Plopsaland beats it in every way.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Being honest, I liked their immersive tunnel. Better than Movie Park's one which takes forever and a day and nicely themed too. And a couple of their indoor things are alright.

But yeah, adding VR to a second coaster is just hilariously bad. Do they not realise the fad has already begun to die away? :p

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Parques Reunidos would more likely RCCA an RMC. They're that sort of company.
#truedat

The news hit me as an April's fool, yet we're in January... so I guess it's just a business decision on Parques Reunidos' part. Unless they want to claim the world's record of Park with the most VR rides...

Pear

Strata Poster
Parques Reunidos is too busy ruining Lake Compounce to care about European parks right now

Ben

CF Legend
At least Lake Compounce got a coaster xD

It’s ran nowhere near as badly as their European parks

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
At least Lake Compounce got a coaster xD

It’s ran nowhere near as badly as their European parks

Judging by the comments on Parques Reunidos' Facebook page, Idlewild and Kennywood are mismanaged even worse than the European parks. Just when you think you've found the most badly run Parques Reunidos park, there's always another below it. Not bad for a chain that only runs 14 parks, one would think the scope of their neglect would be manageable to keep track of, but they're full of surprises.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Pictures of the new Dreamcatcher station theming. Photo credit: Hannes Andries
010418dream1.jpg

010418dream2.jpg

It really is just this one side/facade of the station. As you can see on the left the building is still a rusting metal shed (could they not even have painted it???). Good job PR.
010418dream6.jpg

010418dream3.jpg

010418dream4.jpg

010418dream5.jpg

The VR is not available yet but the park have said it should be ready by the end of this month.

Matt N

CF Legend
Dream Catcher's station is looking great, and it looks like you had a good day at the park! Looks very quiet in the pictures; great for re-rides!