What's new

PortAventura | Ferrari Land | New Area

Astro61201

Roller Poster
I can see the eventual coaster parody of this coaster, referencing the pigeon, with that wildlife person moaning about harming innocent pigeons. Judging by the track work on this ride though, the pigeon seems the least painful when choosing between the ride and a pigeon to the neck.

balrog

Mega Poster
Rode it twice yesterday. Quite good for a flat ride. Operated at 1 train with a dispatch every 4 minutes, probably to avoid overheating the LSMs. I didn't bother looking at the rest of the park. Good news, you can go back and forth between the two parks at will, so it works as an extra themed area.
Basically, it felt like those short bonus levels at the end of a video game where, after completing the main campaign, you have access to some weird/experimental additional content where the devs tried something different.
Seen as a short bonus level, it is not that bad. Seen as a whole park, it's probably the worst park in the world.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
^The thing is that this bonus costs more than any ride during Oktoberfest and I bet it's not as good.

The park has been open for a week and it's a complete disaster. Even non-coaster enthusiasts are seeing the reality: the park is tiny, attractions are limited and reliability is certainly an issue (especially on Red Force, with LSMs constanly overheating, and Flying Dreams). It also looks like the S&S towers are having teething problems as well...

On average, with no Express pass, people are getting around 2 to 3 rides during the 7-hour span that Ferrari Land is open. Guest services have been reported to have 1 hour + lines to complain... I really hope PAW do something to recover from this situation or the PR consequences could be bad, even worse than when WDS opened.

balrog

Mega Poster
Oh I absolutely agree. The way I see it, they don't have any other choice than either integrate it completely into the park accesible with the standard rate ticket, or double the number of rides. Non enthousiasts have an even more negative opinion of the park as they don't see the oint of paying extra just to access a coaster that is not as good as shambhala and some towers that are not as good as huracan condor. Us, at least, would gladly pay for an extra (not half bad) coaster.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
Sorry to revive an old topic but do we know how well Ferrari Land did this past year?

I went in July, just before the school holidays, and the place was pretty deserted. Did it pick up?

Matt N

CF Legend
Wonder whether there will be a new kiddie cred? Are they putting this where Hotel Ferrari was going to be, as that was apparently cancelled in favour of expanding the park.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
The park defiantly needs expanding. Kids rides are ok, but the park needs something for everyone as well. There is not enough for the ticket price.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
I got in for €5 and felt ripped off. As a 'land' it would have worked, not as a second theme park.

Where was the hotel meant to go? Google Maps hasn't updated the sat view so I'm unsure of the exact layout of the park.

I think they have a way to go to make it into a proper second theme park, hopefully this is the start.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Found some more information on the new attractions on TPR:-
decf25bf8f053c986aeeb53d425868082e9f1158.jpeg

6866e0e20704731d525ca0f9f4bb2fddfa8a7397.jpeg

With the description of yesterday at a Spanish newspaper and the map of today, the rides could be these:

• ¿?:
    • Type: rotating ride of planes
    • Manufacturer: ¿SBF Visa Group?
    • Model: ¿Red Baron 8?
    • Capacity: 12 to 16 persons (6 or 8 planes)
  • Champions Race:
    • Type: rotating ride of cars
    • Model: ¿Drift Race?
    • Capacity: 12 to 16 persons (6 or 8 cars)
  • Crazy Pistons:
    • Type: rotating flat
    • Model: ¿Fly Over?
    • Capacity: 12 persons
  • Junior Red Force:
  • Kid’s Tower:
    • Type: bounce tower and free fall
    • Model: ¿Drop’n Twist 9 mt. 8 seats?
    • Height: 9 meters
    • Capacity: 8 persons
So there will be a family coaster, and basically smaller versions of the other attractions in the park. All of the new rides are rumoured to be by SBF Visa.

Matt N

CF Legend
SBF Visa? If so, could the coaster be one of those little spinning coasters that they do? If so, one of those seems slightly odd for PortAventura, in my opinion.

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry for double posting, but according to RCDB, Junior Red Force will be a Zamperla Speedy Coaster.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I love how it's called "Junior Red Force". You'd almost be hard pressed to find a more junior coaster, in comparison. :p

Sandman

Giga Poster
I just can't see much appeal to kids because every ride has got to have a ferrari/car related theme and it just doesn't feel like enough to hold up an entire park like that, especially while next door to a theme park that is x10 better. People may go once, but surely you'd realise that once is enough after a couple of hours? The staff must be creatively spent at this point, looking at their investments and creative choices; I can't see how this will sustain itself.