What's new

What was your first coaster to feature a launch?

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Batman and Robin the Chiller at SF Great Adventure.
1998, I was 10 years old and that was one of the first 10 coasters I've ever been on. That was my first time at a big park, before hand was just the Jet Star and that looping coaster at Seaside Heights. My parents kinda threw me right into this hobby :)

Fun ride btw especially later on when lines were near nothing and they went to lap bars

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Batman and Robin the Chiller at SF Great Adventure.
1998, I was 10 years old and that was one of the first 10 coasters I've ever been on. That was my first time at a big park, before hand was just the Jet Star and that looping coaster at Seaside Heights. My parents kinda threw me right into this hobby :)

Fun ride btw especially later on when lines were near nothing and they went to lap bars
I remember the launch on The Chiller felt pretty intense, too!

Mrsupersonic8

Roller Poster
Yet another to Rock n Roller Coaster, but I was too young to actively enjoy it. The first one I really did experience was Motocoaster at Darien Lake, and after that was Stormrunner.

Matt N

CF Legend
Rita at Alton! Remember loving the thing when I first came off it in September 2013 (I actually thought it was Alton's best at the time!) but then I slowly went off it as it gradually got rougher to the point where it is now my 2nd least favourite coaster... the launch is still quite good, though.

MysticOrb

Roller Poster
Juvelen @ Djurs Sommerland; this ride was buttery smooth, but the lab bar literally killed your legs during the banked turns. Also, it provided little to no airtime, so you can’t really say, that I was a huge fan (heh).
It was enjoyable enough for me to re-ride, though:emoji_wink:

Last edited:

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Revolution at Pleasure Beach, however I wouldn’t class it as a proper launch coaster, so my first ‘proper’ one was Rita.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TPC

Roller Poster
Stealth (weird I did this before any other Thorpe coaster and this was a point where I used to be a lot more scared of rides), Rita, Red Force, Furius Baco