What's new

What was the hardest credit you finally got?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Hmm, I actually think this could be a really interesting topic. I could probably go back to that "worst spite" topic and find out which ones I finally got my redemptions with. Lightning Rod and Mr. Freeze at St Louis come to mine.
In 2016 on my drive back to Orlando from Boston I went to Dollywood just to have lightning rod closed, but in 2017 while driving to Kings Island from Orlando I got to ride it.... Mr. Freeze was down because of massive thunderstorms in the area when I visited the park in 2005, it was the only major coaster I missed in the two hours I got at the park during the storms. Back in 2013 I finally got to ride it, before storms came and closed the park again on me.

As far as just putting in the effort for a coaster... Probably my two more rare Canadian credits.... Capitale Express at Méga Parc, solely based on the fact there are no other parks nearby to make a convenient trip. You basically have to go there just for it (unless you're interested in general sightseeing in Quebec City) and Pipeline Express at Wild Water & Wheels, conveniently located just a two-hour drive East Northeast of Canada's Wonderland all on it's own, but definitely worth the effort! (and now it's the last of its kind.)

Last edited:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
3. Begging: It was late on a summer's afternoon and we were on a cred run to Sherwood Forest Park. I'd programmed it into the sat nav (badly) and we ended up in the middle of actual Sherwood Forest on some footpath. By the time we got there, the only operator was leaving, lunchbox in hand. We begged, and begged and finally he opened the whole place up for us. Then, the only cash we had was notes and he didn't have any change, so in the end he let us on for free. Amazing guy.

2: Phone a friend: None of us were sure if Little Dipper (the cred actually on the beach at Cleethorpes) was operating after heavy storms. We did some recon. on Google maps, found a rock shop (rock as in the sweets, not the good kind) opposite the cred, rung up the nice old lady working there and asked her to look out the window and tell us if the coaster was operating. It was :)

1: Three Chinese visas later: I have a week working in Hong Kong every year and have nipped over the border into mainland China for creds. Each year, I went to Happy Valley, Shenzhen specifically to ride Bullet Coaster - which kept taunting that it was supposed to be open but never was. It was just mocking me, sitting there looking awesome. Each time I had to get a train, wait in the burdenous boarder queues and pay for a China visa. Three years in a row I did this madness and finally got the cred. It was worth it in the end: Bullet Coaster is amazing.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Both of these!

3. Begging: It was late on a summer's afternoon and we were on a cred run to Sherwood Forest Park. I'd programmed it into the sat nav (badly) and we ended up in the middle of actual Sherwood Forest on some footpath. By the time we got there, the only operator was leaving, lunchbox in hand. We begged, and begged and finally he opened the whole place up for us. Then, the only cash we had was notes and he didn't have any change, so in the end he let us on for free. Amazing guy.

2: Phone a friend: None of us were sure if Little Dipper (the cred actually on the beach at Cleethorpes) was operating after heavy storms. We did some recon. on Google maps, found a rock shop (rock as in the sweets, not the good kind) opposite the cred, rung up the nice old lady working there and asked her to look out the window and tell us if the coaster was operating. It was :)

Plus The Scenic at Margate.

First time I went it was burnt down
Second time closed due to a storm
Third time was lucky!

Will

Strata Poster
Jubilee Odyssey as you have to catch it when it's open.
The cred at Wheelgate which Sue had to jump through hoops to organise, Marche du Mille-Pattes where the staff only let me ride when they mistook me for being part of a school group and Shark Trip at Bohmischer Prater, because it's quite tricky to find.

Probably a few kiddie creds I've had to be creative/persuasive to get onto, but both Go Gators were surprisingly easy :)

Intricks

Strata Poster
So far, for me it would have to be Skyrush. First time I went was a week after it had closed early due to the train axels being the reason it was closed (fractures or something along those lines.

Next is probably going to be Kingda Ka whenever I can make it back to SFGAdv for the 5th time as it has been closed every. single. time I have made the park part of a trip.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nadroJ

CF Legend
Thinking about it, probably The Smiler! Three visits until the sodding thing was open, then when it finally was somebody in our train was sick and Vadge got covered.

Also, the ogre on Portsmouth Pier springs to mind after he tried to block me from riding. I got the park manager and he forced the ogre to let me ride. Most shameful ride of my life but I got the cred.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I'm praying for Colossos reopening so I have a good story for this topic. Come on Heide, you can do it!

davidm

Strata Poster
Took me 3 trips (2002,2006,2010) to Magic Mountain to get X/X2
Took me 3 trips (2006,2011,2015) to Knotts Berry Farm to get Montezuma's
Took me 3 trips (2003,2007,2013) to Great Adventure to get the mine train - a sodding mine train of all things!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Vleermuis at Plopsaland. Was SBNO for my first two visits (second visit it was listed as open on the website, even though nothing had been done to it for ages).

Finally got them both last year (thankfully!), but naturally spent over an hour queueing to get them done.

Last edited:

astead04

Roller Poster
Thinking about it, probably The Smiler! Three visits until the sodding thing was open, then when it finally was somebody in our train was sick and Vadge got covered.

Also, the ogre on Portsmouth Pier springs to mind after he tried to block me from riding. I got the park manager and he forced the ogre to let me ride. Most shameful ride of my life but I got the cred.
Another vote for the Smiler. When I finally got on it, it was so satisfying. Let's hope this doesn't happen again with Wicker Man.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Most all of my missed creds are due to my own incompetence. Haven't really gotten around to doing them again, though. This year I might get around to cleaning CP and getting past 100, so if I miss anything, then that I guess.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Will

Strata Poster
Thinking about it, probably The Smiler! Three visits until the sodding thing was open.
I'll see your Smiler and raise you Saw; admittedly we got it 15 days after it opened, but I had at least two failed visits to Thorpe in the mean time. Not sure how I forgot that!

Air was also broken on my first attempt at riding it - didn't get back to Alton for nearly 7 months after that.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Not very glamorous this one, nor is it one that I was particularly desperate to tick off, but mine is the boomerang at Walibi Holland. First attempt in 2002, did a Griswald - turned up to find the whole park closed. On the second attempt in 2007 it was undergoing its revamp into 'Speed of Sound'. Finally got it on last year's GhosterForce.
Uhm... yeah, wasn't really worth the wait.

Lofty

CF Legend
Mine's not what you'd expect... Vampire at Chessington.

I visited the park on three occasions and not once was the ****ing thing opened. Late last year I was on a business meeting there and as I was walking past, it rattled by overhead. It's safe to say that I just legged it, nabbed the cred and then carried on with the meeting.