What's new

Lost Island Theme Park | Iowa | 2022 (Kanonen relocation)

COASTERGUY246

Roller Poster
Its just simple speculation, I was thinking about where kanonen might be going then stumbled across some photos of stinger and wanted to see how it looked on the footprint. To me, it sort of makes sense for them to buy it (second hand price, small footprint ect), but I suppose it could be anything from a larson loop to an RMC raptor at the end of the day. Either way I still think kanonen is a possible candidate for dorney, despite CF's rep with intamin

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I mean, I would have thought Cedar Fair would install something brand new, not some relocated. But then again, it is Dorney.

The last time Dorney Park installed a first-hand ride was Hydra in 2005. Not that they've got a whole lot of coasters since then (two, to be exact, and one is already removed), but it suggests that the park doesn't have the best economy around.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
It was a random fan who saw that Kanonen fits quite well into Stingers plot and made an image. It's more likely that guy saw the image and is running with it, than he's been given inside information.

I don't mind either way, I have both creds and unless Dorney gets something majorly good, I won't go back for a while.

Matt N

CF Legend
I reckon Kanonen as a ride will be a good fit for Dorney, but I would have preferred something new. Will this be coming for 2019 if it does come, or could it possibly be a quick 2018 installation?

Sandman

Giga Poster
It's a good fit, but I don't think park management base their investments on how snug the ride footprint is in a pre-existing area. That would be silly.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It's a good fit, but I don't think park management base their investments on how snug the ride footprint is in a pre-existing area. That would be silly.
I suppose there is a kernel of sense there. Because to me it seems really sensible to have a look at the land available, and see whether any for-sale rides fit in the spot. If they find a ride on the market that would fit the available plot without any modifications or extensive groundworks, and the asking price is reasonable, it'd be strange to not at least consider buying it.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I suppose there is a kernel of sense there. Because to me it seems really sensible to have a look at the land available, and see whether any for-sale rides fit in the spot. If they find a ride on the market that would fit the available plot without any modifications or extensive groundworks, and the asking price is reasonable, it'd be strange to not at least consider buying it.

That's true. I can see some logic there, but it's just a coincidence that Kanonen's layout fits in that space. I guess when you're a curious enthusiast looking for any possible outcome, you eventually stumble across this kind of stuff. But if Kanonen ends up at Dorney then coasterguy should get a Clamshell Award for 'Best Prediction'. :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
tenor.gif

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Either way, Kanonen was just not very good let's face it. If it gets lost at sea on its way over to the States, I won't mourn.
It was gash. Worst Intamin launch coaster, just behind Rita. The lifthill model was loads better.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Sandman

Giga Poster
Is it a coincidence? Since Kanonen was built to fit on the plot of the prototype Invertigo at Liseberg?

Well there is no direct connection between Dorney & Kanonen yet, so it's still seems coincidental. Hopefully it does end up at Dorney though, they could do with the addition of a new coaster and Kanonen isn't doing much in Sweden thanks to Helix ;)

TilenB

Strata Poster
Well there is no direct connection between Dorney & Kanonen yet, so it's still seems coincidental. Hopefully it does end up at Dorney though, they could do with the addition of a new coaster and Kanonen isn't doing much in Sweden thanks to Helix ;)
I think Gazza meant it's not a coincidence that Kanonen would fit into Stinger's old spot. They're meant to be about the same size. :)