What's new

Park with worst GP?

astead04

Roller Poster
Which park has the worst, most obnoxious general public you have seen? Also explain in detail your experiences with the GP in that park.

Dar

Hyper Poster
I can't really think of a place where the people there were difficult for any other reason than they're pretty excited to finally be at "PARK" after waiting however long. Of the places I've visited, I'd probably say Thorpe but only because it's marketed to a demographic that I don't get on with.

Matt N

CF Legend
La Ronde.
Yeah I've heard that too @ATI. I haven't ever visited, but Taylor Bybee from Coaster Studios has, and he says that the clientele are really nasty. Here's a link to his park review of La Ronde where he mentions this:

astead04

Roller Poster
Yeah I've heard that too @ATI. I haven't ever visited, but Taylor Bybee from Coaster Studios has, and he says that the clientele are really nasty. Here's a link to his park review of La Ronde where he mentions this:
I saw that review when he posted it. Jesus Christ. I though the chavs at Thorpe Park (and sometimes Alton Towers) were bad.

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
Since the thread said 'park' and not 'theme park', I'd say my local park.

Chavs think their a hard man smoking weed in public then get scared when some old man walks by.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
Another vote for Thorpe Park. It's my local park and has some of my favorite rides but I'm never ever going again during the summer or Half Term. Full of loud, obnoxious people and the queue jumping is terrible. Nope, nope and indeed nope.

Will

Strata Poster
I don't remember having an issue at La Ronde; though there was a major security presence on the Saturday evening - at first they didn't want to let me in because I smelled of cigarette smoke!
Thorpe's not as rough as it used to be, though Flamingo, Drayton and even Alton can get a bit yucky at times - also Walibi Holland and Belgium. Port Aventura also deserves a mention as it gets awful when it's busy.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Tbf, any park that's busy for me.

Well, I tell a lie, there's some worse than others when it comes to being full of swarming kids. Absolute worst for me has been the Spanish ones though; Parque Warner, Port Aventura and particularly Parque de Atracciones were ****ing dreadful for queue pushing, filthy habits and just outright ****ish children.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Thorpe Park before about 2010 was pretty rough, a few times I'd leave a queue immediately then rejoin after a few more people had entered to avoid standing next to hooligans. It doesn't seem as bad now, more families and groups of older adults seem to go.

Portaventura deserves a mention for the queue jumping and general rudeness and lack of regard for others.

Has anyone done the Florida parks when those huge Brazilian school groups show up? Absolute carnage. If you're stuck in a pre-show or on a dark ride with them you're not going to hear a thing.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

astead04

Roller Poster
Has anyone done the Florida parks when those huge Brazilian school groups show up? Absolute carnage. If you're stuck in a pre-show or on a dark ride with them you're not going to hear a thing.
I have heard horror stories of them during that period of the year, especially at Disney parks. The GP at some Disney parks, especially Paris, is pretty poor as well - I do enjoy Disney but I hate it when you sometimes come across parents yelling at their kids so often. It's Disney World! Unless they're being horrible, let them genuinely have a good time without yelling at them! They might be tired/stressed! Disneyland Paris is also full of annoying groups of teenagers, who won't listen during pre shows, most noticeably on Phantom Manor. The ride might be in French, but there's loads of talking over it, especially from non-French guests.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Maybe I'm just used to Thorpe, but I don't think it's as bad as people make out. Sure, there's certain days which are bad - if you have the misfortune of going on a Traveller Day, it'll be terrible. Then again, Towers have them too... But yeah, I haven't had many issues at Thorpe aside from annoying kids or a few rude travellers.

I'd heard bad things about Walibi Holland, but I literally had no issue there. Same for Walibi Belgium, bar one guy we shared a rapids boat with who realised a group of us were English and mocked us over Brexit, but that more hilarious / awkward...

Weirdly enough, one of the worst experiences I've have with other guests in recent years was at Efteling. Huge number of school trips, lots of them were screaming, shouting and pushing in queues and lots were smoking weed too. Just really unpleasant.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I've never got all this "Thorpe chavs" hate - only had 1 incident when someone tried to jump the fence when the queue had closed (dealt with quickly by staff, and could have happened at any theme park).

Worst I've seen recently is lake Compounce - coachloads of schoolkids, a large group were spitting from the boulder dash queueline!

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Thorpe Park before about 2010 was pretty rough, a few times I'd leave a queue immediately then rejoin after a few more people had entered to avoid standing next to hooligans. It doesn't seem as bad now, more families and groups of older adults seem to go.
In the 90s Magic Mountain became a real Mecca for gangs, and their presence could be felt all over the park. There was a lot of violence as well, though I was never witness to more than scuffles myself. Then the park cracked down, installed metal detectors and the like, and the problem dissipated.

Now the worst thing at SFMM and Knott’s is rampant line-cutters.

Colossus

Giga Poster
We used to go the Thorpe every Easter Sunday and it was always one of the Traveller Days that JoshC mentions, it was always dreadful.
Also Walibi Holland, queue jumping galore, generally not a great atmosphere in the park.

Coaster

Mega Poster
Thorpe Park without a doubt, never seen such atrocious behaviour from people as there is there, especially during Fright Nights.