What's new

World's Most Boring Coaster?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Mammut at Tripsdrill was sooooo dull. It just doesn't do anything.

Pretty much any of the Japanese "Jet" coasters as well. Some of them look quite impressive, but you just meander around for a bit and that's it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Pretty much any of the Japanese "Jet" coasters as well. Some of them look quite impressive, but you just meander around for a bit and that's it.
I find them ridiculously endearing and a lot of fun for that very reason.

The most boring stuff to me is riding the same thing in 20 different places, as long as there's a hint of uniqueness i'm entertained.
So <insert prolific clone of choice here>.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Santa Monica (the area in general) was a f**king dump.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I know. It blows my mind why anyone wants to go there.
It must have somehow changed a lot over the years as I can’t conceive of how the Santa Monica i knew growing up could be called a dump. It could be criticized in some ways, maybe for getting too commercial, but a dump? Aside from always having a lot of homeless along some sections of the beach, I don’t know where the dump tag would come from.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Having visited for the first time this year, I think the tag 'tacky' would be better than 'dump'. It wasn't dirty or falling down, just a bit naff. Had this image in my head from Hollywood/music that it was very fancy and full of famous rich people posing. A but like Miami I guess. But it wasn't really like that at all.

To be fair, I'm only basing this on the walk from the car park to the pier.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Having visited for the first time this year, I think the tag 'tacky' would be better than 'dump'. It wasn't dirty or falling down, just a bit naff. Had this image in my head from Hollywood/music that it was very fancy and full of famous rich people posing. A but like Miami I guess. But it wasn't really like that at all.

To be fair, I'm only basing this on the walk from the car park to the pier.
I haven’t seen the pier in its latest incarnation as an amusement park or whatever it is.

Matt N

CF Legend
Out of the creds I've ridden, I think Scorpion Express was the most boring. So much worse than the RMT at Alton!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Who even thought of that? Was this the early precursor to the monorail or something?
Forgot about that thing. Waste of time. It used to have an actual layout, but most of it was taken out and they were left with a flat oval.

Matt N

CF Legend
Forgot about that thing. Waste of time. It used to have an actual layout, but most of it was taken out and they were left with a flat oval.

Why did they remove so much layout?