What's new

Your Least Common Opinion?

Peet

Giga Poster
Here's my one - I don't think Balder is all that good, found Thundercoaster at Tusenfryd much more fun (rode it with the Timberliner trains). Balder is a bit predictable, slightly too tame/safe, and the nasty plastic Intamin trains look terrible.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I actually kind of like Michigan's Adventure! It has a great amount of charm, Wolverine Wildcat isn't really that bad, and the Log Flume is quite good too! Of course, the main attraction is Shivering Timbers is the biggest coaster there, and it's a great ride! Ya, the park isn't huge, and it's toward the bottom of the CF parks, but putting that aside, it's a small park that's full of charm!
Also, yes, I said that Wolverine Wildcat wasn't that bad. The airtime is actually pretty good!

Dar

Hyper Poster
PMBO is actually a decent ride, if a bit lacklustre as a roller coaster. It's reasonably fast, it's really high, and it's not really that rough. I always find the first drop exhilarating, and the pull up under the Dipper is quite forceful!

It's still a bit of thorn in BPB's side with maintenance and finicky systems limiting what trains they can run, when, but it's still a massive icon (hah) of the industry in this country and I kinda love it.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I love saw
I prefer rita to stealth
even though it lacks air time, I still enjoy PMBO
wicked cyclone is better than wildfire
I have no problem counting alpine coasters as creds

Some of you other guys need a slap though - you' crazy!!

Snoo

The Legend
I actually kind of like Michigan's Adventure! It has a great amount of charm, Wolverine Wildcat isn't really that bad, and the Log Flume is quite good too! Of course, the main attraction is Shivering Timbers is the biggest coaster there, and it's a great ride! Ya, the park isn't huge, and it's toward the bottom of the CF parks, but putting that aside, it's a small park that's full of charm!
Also, yes, I said that Wolverine Wildcat wasn't that bad. The airtime is actually pretty good!

No. Just no. No. NO!

Matt N

CF Legend
I like Speed at Oakwood (Gerstlauer Eurofighter). Might be a bit biased though.
I quite liked Speed as well, so you're not alone there! A tiny bit of rattle in the last helix but I found it a fun and relatively smooth coaster both times I rode. For reference, I rode in July 2016. Also, that airtime hill actually offers a pretty good moment of air! My personal #12 out of 39, so not quite top 10 material, and not as good as Megafobia, but still a great coaster! Strangely, I actually think Speed is slightly smoother than The Smiler despite being 7 years older.

Anyway, my least common opinions are probably:
  • The Swarm is better than Nemesis. Literally by one place though (Nemmy is #5 and Swarm is #4).
  • Montu and SheiKra are better than Kumba.
  • Dragon Challenge was jolty and uncomfortable. When I rode in August 2016, both sides gave me a knocking headache upon exiting!
  • Manta at SeaWorld Orlando is a tad rattly.
  • Cobra's Curse and Thirteen are both excellent family coasters.
  • I prefer the Cobra's Curse-style Mack spinner to both the Maurer spinners I've done.
So, yeah. I have quite a few uncommon opinions.

astead04

Roller Poster
If that is the least common opinion in your repertoire, I sort-of wonder what your most common opinion is. "Breathing is, generally, a good idea"?
Not many people like this coaster because of how it is a one trick pony and has a short ride time. I personally love it though. It is one of the first coasters that actually blew me away.

Jim in Canada

Roller Poster
Mount Olympus is a decent park
I only went once and it was this summer late in the season, and I expected to HATE everything about it from reports that I'd heard, but I had a great time and two coasters (Hades360 and Zeus) entered my top 20.

Banshee is by far my least-fave inverted coaster. I could easily just skip it completely whenever I go to KI and I'd be fine with that. Yawn central.

MOD EDIT: Merged double posts

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyingFox

Roller Poster
Well like I said in my member introduction post I think Helix is just a tad overrated.
It's still a great ride and I can appreciate what others see in it, but unfortunately it's from how others have pitched it to me that it didn't meet my expectations. I actually had more fun on Balder than Helix. I suspect I'in the minority with this opinion.