What's new

World's Most Boring Coaster?

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Hahahahahha, my video of the TusenFryd coaster! Can't believe that was almost 12 years ago
Yes, I recently subbed and have been enjoying some of your earliest vids.

But Teeny-Weeny is a classic POV, with that adrenaline-pumping dance music suggesting an epic ride that’s about to kick in, only to have the camera turn the corner and head back into the station before anything has started.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
And this is my personal submission for the most uninteresting thing I've done. Mind you, I've skipped another one of this babies when I was in Barcelona this year. Probably one of the few times, I've turned down a +1...
So boring I couldn’t finish watching it.

Could you point me to that coaster on rcdb, please?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Yeah - Temple of the Nighthawk has got to be in with a shout here.
And what's that old looper at KD called? Anaconda? Yeah, that was dull as f***.
And also Xpress/platform13 at Walibi Holland. Everything after the launch and I'm yawning.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I'll echo Back at the Barnyard on the previous page, looking at my rankings (which are done from good to neutral to offensive), it's smack dab in the middle of my kiddie cred block.

Going by large coasters this is easy: Racer at Kennywood is, by far, the most boring large scale coaster I've been on. It does absolutely nothing and to make things even worse you have to wait in a horrendous line with one train per side twice just to get the full credit.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Vliegende Hollander does it for me. Fab theming of course, but the coaster section has nothing special. I wish they keep the amazing scenery and put a brand new layout with it. That would have some exciting potential!

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Agree the theming is exceptional @Mysterious Sue. I guess I'm not so much focused on scenery though, which may explain my lack of enthusiasm for the ride as a whole.

Most boring is perhaps exaggerated on my behalf. But it's definitely a case of 'amazing queueline and station/underwhelming on-ride experience' imo :s

J Rod

Roller Poster
Haven't been around much, but Iron Dragon at Cedar Point didn't do much at all for me. Also, while for someone's first few laps it's a great ride, Revenge of the Mummy can become quite boring for someone who rides it often.

Mack

Mega Poster
Draggin' Iron doesn't do a lot for a lot of people. It makes the violence of the Bat at KI and Ninja at SFMM that much more shocking though when you're primed with Draggin' Iron.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
While normally I find Iron Dragon "meh", the VR made it much better! It's like VR on roller coasters was created just for this ride, and not some fast-paced hyper coaster or looping coaster. The graphics looked better than the videos I've seen of the SF VR, and the swinging motion of the cars added to the experience, being perfectly timed with the VR! Even a bit of suspense on the second lift hill.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
For me it has to be Trace du Hourra at Asterix. I've only done the one Mack Bobsled but I found this one vibratey, repetitive and boring tbh