What's new

World's Most Boring Coaster?

TilenB

Strata Poster
https://rcdb.com/3622.htm

These SBF Visa catterpillar coasters must take the cake, surely. Hardly coasters, even.

https://rcdb.com/15509.htm

This Speed Coaster looks grand too, doesn't it?

And this is my personal submission for the most uninteresting thing I've done. Mind you, I've skipped another one of this babies when I was in Barcelona this year. Probably one of the few times, I've turned down a +1...

Rob 92

Roller Poster
In terms of big coasters, I have to say the Ultimate at LWV. It's rough and it just meanders around.

The Ultimate is lots of things but boring is the one word I would not use to describe it (well apart from the lifts)!

Temple of the Night Hawk has to be one of the most boring coasters I have ridden.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Yeah, The Ultimate is not boring. Rough? Yes. Boring? No.

If a coaster is really rough then by definition it is already too eventful to be boring. I'd say El Diablo at PA is a definite contender for one of the most boring coasters. It's literally 3 lift hills with straight sections between. It essentially builds anticipation for absolutely nothing.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
My award used to go to The Rattler before it became anything but boring.
What are we classing as 'proper rollercoaster' here? Zooom! at Flamingoland is on rcdb and the track is basically flat so that.

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think Colossus at Thorpe Park is boring as ****. Just round and round and round and round... yawn.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
IMO, even though I haven't ridden it, I'd say that saying The Ultimate is boring is like saying the same about the Beast. Both are in the woods, and other than the trims, the Beast is anything but boring.
However, the most boring coaster I've been on would either be Gemini when it's not dueling or The Mine Ride at CP.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I agree that The Ultimate isn't boring - it's rather mad I think but fun :)

One of the most boring coasters for me is Primeval Whirl at Disney - doesn't spin much at all and one of the worst coasters I've been on.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I nominate Walygator's Anaconda, which crawls around the circuit at a snails pace despite being bloody huge.

In terms of what's actually boring (Anaconda is boring compared to what its size should mean), probably standard Wacky Worms.

mouse

Giga Poster
Stealth is really boring. It just sits in the station not moving, then a security guard turns up saying "you need to leave now" and "please sir we've been closed for five hours".

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
See I don't find most of the rides being suggested here boring.
Would I rather be sitting at home with a cup of tea than riding Stealth or the Beast? No.
Would I rather be sitting at home with a cup of tea than riding anything at Flamingoland? Yes. Really wouldn't be arsed to go all that way for this:

Will

Strata Poster
Sue is entirely right; I've never seen the point of Zooom! It is also entirely undeserving of an exclamation mark.

That said, this bloody thing is the obvious winner: