What's new

Coaster "Magic Seats"

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
From my Top 10...

Voyage - Row 11
Lightning Rod - Back row. Even the wheel seat isn't too rough.
X2 - Right side (if you face how it exits the station), back row. There is no substitute for the intensity it provides.
Storm Chaser - Back row. With the new wheels, it has all the same intensity and MUCH more, without a rattle.
Goliath (SFGAm) - Back row. For some reason, this and the front car wheel seats are the only wheel seats with no roughness on the ride. The whip in the back is much more intense, of course.
Cornball Express - Row 9. Row 9 of Cornball is by far the most intense without roughness. Trust me - because of ERT at an ACE Event, I rode every row, and Row 9 was the best to marathon for it's amazement. I rode in Row 9 sixteen times in a row without getting up.

From my Top 20, I'd like to mention Legend back row, Diamondback back row, and Thunderhead front row.

For me:
  • El Toro, Nitro, Outlaw Run, Rampage, Kawasemi and Voyage in the second to back
  • Mine Blower and BTMR in the 2nd row
  • Cyclone Coney Island, Phoenix and Comet in first car third row.
  • Gringotts and RotM in the third row
  • “Magic seat” front row: X2, Boulder Dash, Goliath SFOG, Space Mountain WDW, TTD/Kingda Ka/Xcelerator
  • “Magic seat” back row: Kumba, Skyrush left wing, Superman: The Ride, Lightning Rod

Which coaster is RotM?

Last edited:
Reactions: JSM

Edward M

Strata Poster
^I think it's revenge of the mummy.

qr9WA.gif

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
So in a week I’ll be making a spite removal trip: heading to SFNE to ride Superman the Ride, which was closed the one time I visited.

So, is the consensus that back row is best on this ride?

(And will I freeze my face off riding it in late November?)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Refer to my gif above for the answer
Your gif is both comforting and informative. But yes, I did see that you had posted that back seat is best on S:TR — which is helpful — but I was wondering if others agree with you (not that your opinion isn’t already gold, of course).

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I preferred the back eventually but in the cold it takes forever to warm up to a good ride. Best ride I got was just before leaving at 6pm, the noon rides were gash.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I preferred the back eventually but in the cold it takes forever to warm up to a good ride. Best ride I got was just before leaving at 6pm, the noon rides were gash.
Interesting to hear. I’ll be with others and may not be able to stay too late, so that makes me a tad nervous.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I must say, the only reason for my very high placement is an amazing night ride I had in the very back. I remember it being more meh earlier in the day, and that was around 3 pm. Still, that 3 pm ride would have likely still had a placement in my top 10.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Blue Streak- Second row of the first car, it's glass smooth not being on a wheel but you're still in the front and it's still a mess of airtime.

Cedar Point or Conneaut Lake? I’d assume Cedar, but this was right after talking about Waldameer.

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
Just discovered one today - back row of the middle car on Blackpool's Big Dipper. Front hangs a bit too much on the drops, back can sometimes be uncomfortable, back row of the middle car is the sweet spot for me .

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
It’s definitely not my discovery, but for me back row, left-hand seat on Montu is the ultimate magic seat. That one seat alone ups the intensity of the g-forces on the ride to an unbelievable level.