What's new

Six Flags Over Georgia | Twisted Cyclone | RMC I-Box (Georgia Cyclone Conversion)

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I love that twisty turnaround thing after the first drop.
Twisted Cyclone
0xLKW.gif

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
In terms of stat, this will be the smallest RMC Hybrid. Under 100ft tall, 2,400ft of track and a top speed of only 50mph.

And unless it is just the rendering, the train appears to be the older-style RMC trains, with only the single-wheel bogie instead of the double-wheel ones, which we will be seeing on SV and TT.

Last edited:

Sythe

Mega Poster
It looks great for what it does, but I'm very disappointed about how short it is.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The Hedgehog

Mega Poster
The ride is getting killed on Reddit. I don't care. This is the first RMC I'll have a chance to ride since I have an incredibly busy schedule and can't travel like I used to for coasters. I'm excited and while it's short and not very tall, it's got a great look and those trains look amazing with that blue track!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Georgia Cyclone always had a very compact footprint, which shows here. Would have been nice if they could eek out another helix, turn, etc. - but there's only so much you can do with <100 ft. and 50 MPH. 24,000 ft. will be short, but the three inversions, wave turn, and airtime hills should impress.

Looks good for what they had to work with as a base structure.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Ehhhhhhhhhhh

Definitely looks to be the weakest of the RMCs, which doesn't mean it'll be a bad coaster. In fact, I'm sure it'll be good. It's just that, it's so disappointing. I was planning on making the 5 hour trip to SFOG for this, but I just don't know if it'll be worth it in the end. I guess I just expect so much more out of RMC, but, like Hyde said, there's only so much you can do with such a small height and space. For what it is, it'll be great. Just wish it was more than what it is.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I love the colours though! Happy to see Six Flags trying something different than their usual red/orange pattern that is not super funky like the Joker's purple/green scheme.

It will surely be a very fun coaster, but the timing in the same period as Steel Vengeance and even Twisted Timbers is really unfavourable :(

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I love the colours though! Happy to see Six Flags trying something different than their usual red/orange pattern that is not super funky like the Joker's purple/green scheme.
Oh man, now I'm really worried they pull a SFGAdv Total Mayhem, and rename the dang thing.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah, I'm sure it'll be great, but it is a bit too short. I know there isn't much they could with it, but I also wish they put in more airtime moments. There's only a handful of airtime pops in this layout. Goliath still looks like the most appealing ride in the park for me. Maybe this ride would've benefited if they announced it before Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers?

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Color me unimpressed. I'm sure it will be a quality addition to the park, but I won't be making a special trip to ride this one anytime soon.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
360 Video has been released. This confirms the trains will be the new design, using a true zero car upfront.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
It's cute.

Sure it looks to be a lower tier RMC, sure there doesn't appear to be much airtime, but it reminds me of a little I-box version of Goliath in that it's compact and laps around itself a few times. I like the twisted horseshoe too, I've been hoping RMC would use that on one of those turnarounds commonly found on classic coasters so glad to see that finally happen. Looks like Wicked Cyclone meets Goliath. Pretty colors in use, too.

A few things that puzzle me:
*What on earth is with the car? All I can think of is that it'll be themed to driving inland away from a storm via an evacuation route.
*The structure as it currently stands is whitewashed. An inaccurate rendering, plans to sand the whole structure, or are they completely downing it and rebuilding it from the footers a la parts of Hurler?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
^I get that. Why that train on a storm themed ride? That's the bit that makes no sense.

How greedy have we become to be disappointed over an RMC? Albeit short, I don't actually think it looks bad whatsoever. To me it looks like a better Goliath... Yes the duration leaves a little bit to be desired, but it has a fair few airtime pops packed in there as well as a few good inversions. I do wish they did an inverted drop, but they may not have been able to because of the way the layout of Georgia Cyclone was to begin with. They did a good job for what they had to work with, although I am a bit sad because I did quite like the original Georgia Cyclone!

They need to fire whoever is making these names. CraZanity? Twisted Cyclone? Urgh.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
What they've shown reminds me of the Joker, which flowed so nicely from one element to the next. Surely what they're going to refurbish will be excellent, although it's a bummer they're skipping out on the third lap.

Also, I'm not sure if anybody noticed that the animation shows the previous generation rolling stock. I'm curious to see if that is the case with this or if they'll utilize Gen 4.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Love the look of the cobra roll type thing, but other than that it looks a little weak, especially the very slow roll near the end.